... Lisa - Pammie - Smiley - Dave - anyone LOL

O.K. I thought since posting the one issue - I continue with another question ;)

I'll have my sx (AL & TT) next month and going back and forth about getting an unfill/partial unfill/complete unfill :lb12:

Obviously my body is retaining water while sleeping (always has), and thus I'm kinda tight in the morning for the first hour or two, but then loosen up quite a bit and could eat pretty normal and really have to watch myself!! (I guess quitting smoking and not getting a fill because of sx is also not helping with the major plateau I have).

Any suggestions ???

If you think you need a fill now, but are not planning on getting one before your surgery, then I definitely would not have an unfill because of the surgery. I have had 2 surgeries since my lap band and didn't have an unfill for either one. In fact, when I had my knee and foot done I had just had a fill the day before and was on liquids the day of the surgery, except for the graham cracker I had to eat with the pain meds.

I think all you need to do is have your ducks in a row in case you do need an unfill after the surgery by knowing who you can go to locally, but I seriously doubt you will need it. The last thing you want to do is be too loose while you are just hanging around your house and the fridge for the weeks you will spend recovering at home. I know the swelling can move to areas other than the incision site, but the band is up between your breasts and your TT incision will be just at your pubic line, the crease that I could see when I moved my fat roll - I know, TMI. They are far enough apart that I don't see there being a problem, at least there wasn't for me.

You will probably still be tight in the mornings, but you will just have to rely on a protein shake or regular fluids such as water and milk and then get the rest of your protein in later in the day. 2 cups of milk = 16 grams of protein and I start every day off with 2 cups. A lot of people find they are tighter in the morning, so it may have nothing at all to do with fluid retention. Have you tried drinking 8 to 16 ounces of water within the hour before you go to bed to see if that helps with the fluid retention?

Gotta go - fixin' to be late for church and the 3 year old mania!

congratulations on everything Ute!

I just had a 7 hour spinal neurosurgery. I did NOT have an unfill before going through this extensive surgery as both the surgeon and his team did not feel having an unfill would be necessary. I was fine and able to take all of my pills within hours.

I cannot tell you what to do...just sharing my experience. Good luck! :D

O.K. I thought since posting the one issue - I continue with another question ;)

I'll have my sx (AL & TT) next month and going back and forth about getting an unfill/partial unfill/complete unfill :lb12:

Obviously my body is retaining water while sleeping (always has), and thus I'm kinda tight in the morning for the first hour or two, but then loosen up quite a bit and could eat pretty normal and really have to watch myself!! (I guess quitting smoking and not getting a fill because of sx is also not helping with the major plateau I have).

Any suggestions ???

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY UNFILLS BEFORE ANY OF THE SURGERIES

KEEPS US UPDATED. IN THE END, YOU'LL BE LOVING IT!!!

:)

Hey Ute--

I haven't had any plastic surgery since having the LapBand, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your "smoke-free" success. You are amazing!!

Thank you Diana! It is hard though ... NO FOOD & NO SMOKE --> NO FUN lol but I know it is for the best, right?

I did cheat a little ;) I bought the Chantix/Champix back in TJ last year and now they came in handy! I only had a 2 weeks supply, but stretched them to 4 weeks (1/2 dose) and that did the trick B)

congratulations on everything Ute!

I just had a 7 hour spinal neurosurgery. I did NOT have an unfill before going through this extensive surgery as both the surgeon and his team did not feel having an unfill would be necessary. I was fine and able to take all of my pills within hours.

I cannot tell you what to do...just sharing my experience. Good luck! :D

Cara - Yikes! Hope you are doing better?

Pammie- I CAN'T WAIT to get rid of my bat wings and my jelly belly LOL I'll keep you ladies posted ;)

Smiley- thanks for the tips! I really don't want an unfill but my fill provider (Fill Center USA) said I absolutely should ?!?!

I think the only concerns I have is taking the meds the first few days - every 4-6 hrs. (Usually when I wake up in the middle of the night or early in the morning - being thursty, I can only have small sips but don't know if I could do pills) And second, that I would have to drive 4 hrs. to get an unfill (Provider is only every other week in Atlanta so I would have to pay her a visit further south and that fresh out of sx?)

BTW How did your AL and TT turn out? Are you happy with the results?

On the other side the fridge is WAYYYY to close for me while recovering with no restriction! Desicions - desicions ...

If you would have needed an fill after sx - when would you have felt comfortable ?

Smiley- thanks for the tips! I really don't want an unfill but my fill provider (Fill Center USA) said I absolutely should ?!?! None of my doctors thought I needed to and they are the so called American doctors that like to squeeze us for every dime. When is your surgery? I have a consult to get my gallbladder out and my port moved on Tuesday so I can ask this surgeon who also does lap bands what he thinks about an unfill.

I think the only concerns I have is taking the meds the first few days - every 4-6 hrs. (Usually when I wake up in the middle of the night or early in the morning - being thursty, I can only have small sips but don't know if I could do pills) I only took 5 pain pills after surgery and they could be split if I needed to. I really only needed 4, but I was afraid my first follow up visit would result in pain - it didn't. You could ask for liquid pain medicine and it is also possible to crush the pills and put them in pudding or yogurt which slides pretty well. Are you spending the night in the hospital? I did and got IV pain killers for the first 26 hours after my surgery was over. The only pain I really had was on my right hip where he did lipo and that came and went to the point that it would have been over before my "Happy Pill" could have kicked in.

And second, that I would have to drive 4 hrs. to get an unfill (Provider is only every other week in Atlanta so I would have to pay her a visit further south and that fresh out of sx?) Are there other providers in Atlanta? Not that you would want to do this, but some people have gone to the ER and the ER called in a lap band surgeon to do an unfill. Ask your PS if he/she knows of anyone in the area that could help if you need it.

BTW How did your AL and TT turn out? Are you happy with the results? I am loving the results. One of my staff keeps looking at a picture of me from 4 years ago and she is just in awe about the difference in me then and now. I was wearing size 18 or 20 pants and a 2x top in the picture and now I am wearing size 10 pants and M tops. I wore sleeveless tops all summer because even the scar did not embarass me, but then again I didn't purposefully throw my arms up just to them off.

On the other side the fridge is WAYYYY to close for me while recovering with no restriction! Desicions - desicions ... Tell me about it. My kitchen fridge isn't working right now so I have been using the one in the garage. Makes you have to decide if what you want is really worth a trip down and back up the steps a couple of times. Maybe you should have your fridge moved to the garage. :P

If you would have needed an fill after sx - when would you have felt comfortable ? I would have felt comfortable the fill itself immediately after surgery, except that it would have hurt like the dickens to lay on that table and try to get up again. I would have needed about 5 pillows behind me and Mitch would have had to push me up off of the table into a semi-sitting position and even then I might have been prone to a cuss word or two.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I never had an unfill - however was tight right after surgery, and focused on eating soup and staying on liquids. I'm glad I didn't - I know many who gained after surgery - didn't want to go there.

(Cara, hope you're doing better girl, take care)!

(I've been traveling for a while - home for a week and then back off again - getting tired of airplanes....)

Best,

Lisa

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I never had an unfill - however was tight right after surgery, and focused on eating soup and staying on liquids. I'm glad I didn't - I know many who gained after surgery - didn't want to go there.

(Cara, hope you're doing better girl, take care)!

(I've been traveling for a while - home for a week and then back off again - getting tired of airplanes....)

Best,

Lisa

I tried PM'ing you cupcake...but your inbox is full!

Thank you very much for your replies ladies ><'

After talking to my PS and my fill provider ... NO UNFILL for me YAYYYYYYYYYY

Guess I don't have to move the fridge and cut up the pills in case of a problem :P

... on top of that I save a lot of chi-chingg for an unfill and then to get a fill again - so I'll spend that on some cute new clothes ???? LOL

Have a great day!!!

... on top of that I save a lot of chi-chingg for an unfill and then to get a fill again - so I'll spend that on some cute new clothes ???? LOL

That's the attitude!

My mom called me today and asked if I wanted to be spoiled a little bit - well duh! She said she had just bought me a bunch of winter clothes but she wasn't going to wait until Christmas to give them to me and she wasn't going to tell my sister-in-law that she bought them for me because they are extra Christmas expenses that the others didn't get spent on them. I can't wait to go home next weekend!