lisal - question about exercising

Hey Lisa. What kind of program are you currently doing to get your body into such great shape? I have been exercising, however, I have come to a plateau. I was thinking about starting the P90x series. I would love to hear what you are doing because you look fantastic.

Thanks for the compliments. I do really focus on exercise – I got into crossfit – which I think is like the P90x series, however I work out with a group that’s lead by a personal trainer. That’s how I build muscle – to lengthen and strengthen I do palates and yoga. I belong to a club were all of the classes are included in the monthly fee. (In between I do belly dancing, roller skating and if I’m traveling and only have access to a gym I’ll through in plain weights and cardio or just dance around my room).

I think the most important piece of a successful exercise program is to “surprise” your body – I learned early on that if I just kept doing the same thing over and over again I’d hit plateaus, once I learned to mix it up I was able to really mold my body and the weight kept off at a steady stream.

One note, our mental state really drives us – I use to hate myself and hated looking in the mirror – thought I was the biggest, ugliest woman on earth. Early on after getting my band every day when I wake up I look in the mirror and tell myself I’m beautiful and deserve to do something that will benefit my body and my soul. I think this has been an important part of my life – it was hard to get this into my head – I still have to do it daily, and still have problems seeing myself as anything different than the biggest ugliest girl out there. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm shocked by the person looking back, just as shocked as I was when I'd catch a view of myself when I was big.

We all deserve the best, and just think if you give up one TV show a night and dedicate yourself to improving your body through exercise you can make some dramatic changes. There’s nothing that good on TV that should ever again keep us from doing this.

Best,

Lisa

Thank you so much for your response. I too have problems looking in the mirror. I tell myself everyday that I am beautiful and I have learned do things for myself instead of always doing for others. I still have days where I look in the mirror and still see that fat person when I was 226lbs. It is a mental struggle everyday. I am starting the P90x next week so I will be posting progress pics. Thanks again for your insightful information.

In regards to looking in the mirror, that is part of the reason I chose to have my TT. When I looked in the mirror I just saw a smaller version of the old me with all of the same rolls and such. By having the TT I suddenly had a very different visual when I looked in the mirror. My staff look at a picture I have in my window and comment about how different I look. I am impatiently waiting for some friends to send me pictures so that I can make the comparison myself.