Slipped Band Thats become unstitched

Leashie

Good afternoon...

I have had the lap band in since nov 3 2008 and iniatially started to lose a bit of weight, then found that I didnt lose at all. I lost a total of 9 kilos since 2008, but regrettably have not lost any weight since. Its been quite a downer due to the fact that I don't eat a lot and my partner always thinks its a waste of time taking me out for dinner since I never can eat much or vomit.

My port unforutantely become unattatched and had to have this revised and and put back into place in June 2009 after much attempts to get my surgeon to have this done at an earlier stage. Since this revision I have not lost any additional weight which I am quite saddenned about.

I consulted my GP who said i need to source a second opinion and they found after gastrograffins and surgery that my band had slipped and become unattatched. Would this mean that I would not lose weight due to the above.. I only had the revison this week so still on thefluids diet but unsure how long I need to continue to complete this for and hoping that now I will get results due to the last year being a bit of a downer especially whenI see others just having success and I havent.

Hoping its all sorted now and don't know totally wot the next steps are, if you could please help

love and best wishes one desperate girl

Good afternoon...

I have had the lap band in since nov 3 2008 and iniatially started to lose a bit of weight, then found that I didnt lose at all. I lost a total of 9 kilos since 2008, but regrettably have not lost any weight since. Its been quite a downer due to the fact that I don't eat a lot and my partner always thinks its a waste of time taking me out for dinner since I never can eat much or vomit.

My port unforutantely become unattatched and had to have this revised and and put back into place in June 2009 after much attempts to get my surgeon to have this done at an earlier stage. Since this revision I have not lost any additional weight which I am quite saddenned about.

I consulted my GP who said i need to source a second opinion and they found after gastrograffins and surgery that my band had slipped and become unattatched. Would this mean that I would not lose weight due to the above.. I only had the revison this week so still on thefluids diet but unsure how long I need to continue to complete this for and hoping that now I will get results due to the last year being a bit of a downer especially whenI see others just having success and I havent.

Hoping its all sorted now and don't know totally wot the next steps are, if you could please help

love and best wishes one desperate girl

I'm afraid I have no help to give, but I can at least say "I know how you feel!"

My band didn't slip completely, but I just found out that my pouch has been enlarged, which can eventually lead to a slipped band. I'm so thankful that I found out before that happened, but like you I have spent the past year not losing any weight and feeling like I could eat more than I should be able to. 2009 was a complete wash for me, but I try to keep a positive attitude. I didn't gain weight, and for me, that's a win on its own.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us informed with what's going on!

Littleroo27

Thanks Littleroo27...

It sux big time doesn't it! But im the same as you have to have a positive attitude otherwise well ull just cry... As the saying goes good things come to those who wait.... I think yourself and I have waited long enough but 2010 will be the rewarding year for both of us... I have lost 2kilos in a 5 days so hey if i keep this up im on the way to achieving that dream I have always longed for, for years!!

Definately will let you know the go with it all.... Are you getting yours fixed hun?

I hope we both get the success we wish for in so many ways!!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Littleroo27...

It sux big time doesn't it! But im the same as you have to have a positive attitude otherwise well ull just cry... As the saying goes good things come to those who wait.... I think yourself and I have waited long enough but 2010 will be the rewarding year for both of us... I have lost 2kilos in a 5 days so hey if i keep this up im on the way to achieving that dream I have always longed for, for years!!

Definately will let you know the go with it all.... Are you getting yours fixed hun?

I hope we both get the success we wish for in so many ways!!!

I spent 2 months with no restriction and gained... a whole lot of weight. 30-35 lbs I think. THAT was depressing!

Got 3 ccs added in last week and am already feeling better. No more being hungry 24/7. No more eating the entire contents of the fridge for dinner. My restriction isn't great, and I have another fill scheduled for Feb 1, but at least I'm pretty sure I'm no longer gaining 5 lbs or more a week!!!