Am I to late?

It has been almost a year since I had my surgery and I have lost very little since then. I am scheduled for my third fill December 14th and hope that I have better restriction. I can eat whatever I want and I tried the 5 day pouch test but still can eat to much. I plan to start trying to count calories this week and just wondered if it's true that you have the best chance at weight loss during your first year and if anyone has started slow the first year and had a great second year with the band? Thanks so much for any advice or suggestions.

It has been almost a year since I had my surgery and I have lost very little since then. I am scheduled for my third fill December 14th and hope that I have better restriction. I can eat whatever I want and I tried the 5 day pouch test but still can eat to much. I plan to start trying to count calories this week and just wondered if it's true that you have the best chance at weight loss during your first year and if anyone has started slow the first year and had a great second year with the band? Thanks so much for any advice or suggestions.

Suzannej - that is the beauty of this band. You can fill it up, unfill it, start, or stop whenever you wish. Sounds like you need a fill, it is not to late. Make sure you live by the banster rules and anything is possible!

Don't drink with meals

Protein first, then veggie and/or fruits

3 meals a day

Get moving

Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Hope this helps, I am sure others will chime in as well! Good luck and stick around, there is great support here!

Thank you AngieB :)

Hi Suzanne!

I TOTALLY agree with Angie. The band is a wonderful tool. I dont think it is ever too late to make a positive change in our life no matter what the subject of the matter is. I think our fills are SO very important, just like following the bandster rules. One thing that does help me that was told to me by Dr. Miranda is to take 2 fiber pills at 9am and 2 at 3pm everyday, this helps with the hunger, IT DOES WORK, for me anyway......

No one is perfect and we all have fallen off, we just got to pick ourself back up and keep and keeping on! You will do GREAT! Stay plugged in to this forum..we are here to help you in anyway we can!

Good Luck to you!!!!!!

Carrie

Thank you Carrie and Angie for your suggestions and comments. Your words of encouragement mean a lot.

Suzanne

The band is an amazing tool. I have a friend who has the band and has been pregnant 3 time. She uses it and drops the weight so well after each pregnancy. It is amazing. She unfills it and fills it right back up. So don't think it's ever to late. I am going for my 5th fill tomorrow. I have been staying on top of my fills and I am so glad I have. My weight loss has been great! So far I am down 40 lbs. Some might consider that slow, but I think it is fabulous! With each fill I learn more about myself, my eating habits and the band. It's a trip. This one should be interesting!

Take it easy!

Angie