NEW: Reputation System

Okay, so there has been quite a few questions about what that "Reputation: 0 Neutral" is that you can now see on your profile pages and I'll do my best to explain it. Keep in mind that this feature is only being tried out and may be disabled at some point in the future since it can be abused.

When you read a Post you will now see a couple of options in the lower right hand corner of the post that will allow you to "add.png Vote this post up" or "delete.png Vote this post down". When you find a post to be particularly helpful you can vote it up. If it's useless spam or something negative you can vote it down. This starts to slowly build a point based reputation for the member that created the post. This allows the community to see which members are most often found to be helpful and also weed out the more troublesome members that like to start drama or create negativity. It's similar to reputation systems you find on Ebay and many other sites.

Once a post receives a certain number of positive votes it will become highlighted and can more easily be spotted as a sort of community favorite.

Important things to note!

To help prevent abuse, you are only able to vote up three posts per day so choose wisely. You are only able to vote down a post once per day. This is subject to change.

There are Reputation titles that members can earn when their combined posts reach a certain number of votes. Here is the breakdown. This is also subject to change.

• Bad = -30 points
  • Poor = -15 points
  • Neutral = 0 points
  • Good = 10 Points
  • Excellent = 20 points

As I said before, this is only being tried out for now to see how it works. The general idea is that using a system like this might get people to put a little more thought into what they're posting and maybe think twice before posting something negative. If I start seeing too many complaints it will be disabled.

Let me know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions.

Chad

• Like 3

I think it is cool. So far I have only used positive votes. I think it would have to be a real crapper for me to bother with a negative vote, but that is just me. I run out quick. Matter of fact it is a good and sad thing we only get 3 a day. LOL I would be voting like crazy! I love that the multi quote is fixed and give you two thumbs up for the work done. I would give you a vote.....BUT I AM OUT! LOL Cheers!

Okay, so there has been quite a few questions about what that "Reputation: 0 Neutral" is that you can now see on your profile pages and I'll do my best to explain it. Keep in mind that this feature is only being tried out and may be disabled at some point in the future since it can be abused.

When you read a Post you will now see a couple of options in the lower right hand corner of the post that will allow you to "add.png Vote this post up" or "delete.png Vote this post down". When you find a post to be particularly helpful you can vote it up. If it's useless spam or something negative you can vote it down. This starts to slowly build a point based reputation for the member that created the post. This allows the community to see which members are most often found to be helpful and also weed out the more troublesome members that like to start drama or create negativity. It's similar to reputation systems you find on Ebay and many other sites.

Once a post receives a certain number of positive votes it will become highlighted and can more easily be spotted as a sort of community favorite.

Important things to note!

To help prevent abuse, you are only able to vote up three posts per day so choose wisely. You are only able to vote down a post once per day. This is subject to change.

There are Reputation titles that members can earn when their combined posts reach a certain number of votes. Here is the breakdown. This is also subject to change.

• Bad = -30 points
  • Poor = -15 points
  • Neutral = 0 points
  • Good = 10 Points
  • Excellent = 20 points

As I said before, this is only being tried out for now to see how it works. The general idea is that using a system like this might get people to put a little more thought into what they're posting and maybe think twice before posting something negative. If I start seeing too many complaints it will be disabled.

Let me know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions.

Chad

• Like 1