Getting Banded on 12/21/09 - Any advice :)

Hello, getting banded on the 21st and started my pre op shakes and lean cuisines Monday (14th). I am getting nervous and excited all at the same time. Driving down to the border parking on the 21st and being picked up at 7am. OMG.. I am really going to do this.. Any advice?

Hello, getting banded on the 21st and started my pre op shakes and lean cuisines Monday (14th). I am getting nervous and excited all at the same time. Driving down to the border parking on the 21st and being picked up at 7am. OMG.. I am really going to do this.. Any advice?

Pack light. I took some drink mix with me, like special k protein water ect. Have a comfee pair of jammies, walk walk walk after surgery.

Before I had my surgery, I put some beano drops under my tounge and used gas x strips after. I had no gas pain. I walked, walked, walked shortly after surgery. ( told my mom to get me up to walk.) I think she had me up and moving before the anesthesia wore off fully. LOL She kept waking me to walk. I have not had this type of surgery before so I have nothing to base it off of. I was blessed with no gas pain. My momma said if she wouldn't have known I had surgery she would have never believed it.

Read read read as much as you can in these forums. That is what I did - I even got a notebook and wrote down things I found in here. I spent hours, going back months to see what all I could find.

Best of luck! Welcome!

I was banded on Monday the 21st. What an amazing experience. Everyone was so nice.. Carmelita is such a cutie.. Still a bit sore and my stomach growls a lot.. I keep sipping my clear broth and keeping hydrated. Was a very nice experience.

So glad it went well! Keep us up to date on how you are doing!

Congrats on the banding. That is awesome! Isn't the surgery so much easier than you ever thought it would be?

My stomach growls a lot too but I do not feel much hunger. The only time I feel a little hungry is in the afternoon from around 1-4 pm. I have been trying to drink some stuff with more consistency at that time to fill me a little more.