Bikram Yoga

So I am completely thrilled! I had neurosurgical spine surgery on my neck 12 weeks ago. The day before surgery, I ran 4 miles with the Pacific Ocean as my view. I have not been able to do any form of exercise for three months and I just got cleared to begin physical therapy AND yoga. So I am meeting with the director of this studio who is certified in dealing with people who have owies such as mine. I will of course have to go slow..but I am thrilled to death to finally get to do something!

For those of you who have never tried Yoga (kundalini, bikram, etc), it is AMAZING and gives you such peace of mind as well as showing you muscles you never knew you had. It makes your body leaner as it stretches the muscle and has this magical way of making you look more graceful when you walk. It also kicks those core muscles magically as well.

Bikram also burns more calories than you can imagine.

Example:

a 190 lb person who takes a class for 90 minutes will burn 1,259 calories! (yes..really)

i did it a few years ago, and was shocked at how challenging it was!

it was also very expensive here in the city, so opted out after I found it too slooooooow for me (&my low level of patience!)

I agree. it is very slow...and that is why I never stuck with it before. I just enjoy the treadmill and stairmaster far better. BUT, slow is good and I was told this is all I am allowed for now. I will take what I can get!