Post Op 1 Week

Pippabella

I had my surgery on 12/21/09 and I wanted to see if somethings I am experiencing are normal. I get like some bubbles, or foaming in my mouth on and off throughout the day. I am still on liquids, so I am not sure if this is normal. I am a bit worried... I also get this really weird feeling like a choking of my stomach, almost like a spasm tightens and then releases. I am guessing it is my stomach getting used to having something squeezing it. LOL. I did notice that it is recurring less and less as the days go by. I am experiencing some diarrhea now... thats lovely.. :(.... I know fluids in fluids out.. sorry for the TMI, but I am hoping someone might clam me down a bit.

I never realized how good food smelled till now, that I cannot eat anything.. LOL..

Home you all had a Merry Christmas.

Pina

I had my surgery on 12/21/09 and I wanted to see if somethings I am experiencing are normal. I get like some bubbles, or foaming in my mouth on and off throughout the day. I am still on liquids, so I am not sure if this is normal. I am a bit worried... I also get this really weird feeling like a choking of my stomach, almost like a spasm tightens and then releases. I am guessing it is my stomach getting used to having something squeezing it. LOL. I did notice that it is recurring less and less as the days go by. I am experiencing some diarrhea now... thats lovely.. :(.... I know fluids in fluids out.. sorry for the TMI, but I am hoping someone might clam me down a bit.

I never realized how good food smelled till now, that I cannot eat anything.. LOL..

Home you all had a Merry Christmas.

Pina

Hi Pina,

Were you banded at the OCC? If it were me I would probably call and talk to the fill doc there (usually that it Dr. So). If you weren't banded there I would call your doctor where you were banded. Probably all is normal and your body is trying to adjust to what has happened to it. You can do some heat to your port site to help with discomfort in your stomach and port area. Are you drinking lots of juice to help get your liquids in? If so then you probably might want to back off of that since juice can give you diarrhea. Gas is usually an issue for most people also which moving and walking will help with that. Everything is still swollen in there so it is not uncommon to have that tightening feeling in your stomach area. Hope you feel better soon.

dawn

Hi Pina,

Were you banded at the OCC? If it were me I would probably call and talk to the fill doc there (usually that it Dr. So). If you weren't banded there I would call your doctor where you were banded. Probably all is normal and your body is trying to adjust to what has happened to it. You can do some heat to your port site to help with discomfort in your stomach and port area. Are you drinking lots of juice to help get your liquids in? If so then you probably might want to back off of that since juice can give you diarrhea. Gas is usually an issue for most people also which moving and walking will help with that. Everything is still swollen in there so it is not uncommon to have that tightening feeling in your stomach area. Hope you feel better soon.

dawn

Hi, Dawn, thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I was banded at the OCC. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Pina