Liquid Requirements

I promise I still exist. My internet at home has been up and down a lot lately, which is probably a good thing because I was becoming an addict to this a couple of other sites.

I am struggling with the fact that I simply have no desire to drink liquids. I will have 16 ounces of milk in the morning and then I usually have 16 ounces of oj later in the day (I refuse to get sick this winter). Some days that is all I have. Christmas day I realized about 6:30 that night that I had only drank the milk that morning and had had nothing else. Tea, lemonade, caffeine free diet coke and water do not appeal to me at all. OJ and milk are the only things that I feel like drinking during the day even though they have calories and the oj has a lot of sugar. Some evenings I have a cup of hot chocolate, but once again it has calories and sugar. Anyone else find that they simply are not thirsty and that liquids are not appealing to them any more?

I had a NSV today, my 6 year old nephew told me that I was really skinny. I asked if he remembered when I was bigger and he and his 8 year old brother both remembered. I then caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and thought wow, I really do look skinny, especially in the new workout clothes I got for Christmas - I would have jumped up and down with excitement but I have been on the boys for jumping in the house all afternoon. I may have to go buy this outfit in every color available. :D

I also received a 4 week old kitten from my grandparents for Christmas. It's mother abandoned it so I have been feeding it with an eye dropper. I think I have been feeding it too quickly because the other night it took me a while to figure out if it was my tummy gurgling or the kitten's tummy gurgling. In the end it was the kitten's, so now I like to say that my kitty and I both have restriction, I am just a little more patient and polite with mine. :P

• Like 1

I've always been a huge water drinker so it's no trouble for me, but maybe you're trying to do too much at once? You're saying 16oz of milk or OJ, and to me that sounds like a daunting task for someone who's not really into liquids. What about doing one cup at a time? I have an insulated stainless water bottle on my desk that I fill with ice cubes and filtered water. I sip on it all afternoon. When it's empty I go refill it. If I knew that I had to drink it all at once it might spook me, but a little at a time adds up!

Cookie

Too cute!! They say children don't lie!!

I love water but my issue is that at work I don't have a lot of time to take breaks, so I hate drinking at work I feel like i'm running to the bathroom all the time. But that is also a focus of mine for my new years resolution. On my nights that I don't work, i've been really focusing on drinking my water as I watch TV. I have a mug that has the ounces on the side and I try to drink at least 3 of them. Doing that as I type! :)