LAP BANDING APPOINTMENT IN JANUARY

I AM SCHEDULED FOR A CONSULTATION WITH THE DR IN JANUARY FOR A LAP BAND. IM 4'11 AND RIGHT AT 200 LBS. DOES THE LAP BAND PROCEDURE PRODUCE SLOW RESULTS? FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS RECENTLY HAD IT DONE CAN YOU TELL ME THE PROCEDURE AS FAR AS HOW YOU FEEL AFTER AND THE DAY AFTER THAT? ARE YOU SORE? NAUSAU?

Blackberrychik,

I have not personally had the lap band surgery yet. I will be having it done in less than 2 weeks. But, as far as I can see, it all depends on each person individually with the results. You will go on a 21 day liquid phase right after having the lap band implemented. This will help your body adjust to the new lap band. Then you gradually work your way up to the solid phase. Dr. Ortiz from the OCC has written a book that explains the lap-band surgery so well. It's called Lap Band for Life. You should definitely check it out. :) I can't answer any of your other questions since I have not had it yet but I wish you the best of luck!!! :D

I AM SCHEDULED FOR A CONSULTATION WITH THE DR IN JANUARY FOR A LAP BAND. IM 4'11 AND RIGHT AT 200 LBS. DOES THE LAP BAND PROCEDURE PRODUCE SLOW RESULTS? FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS RECENTLY HAD IT DONE CAN YOU TELL ME THE PROCEDURE AS FAR AS HOW YOU FEEL AFTER AND THE DAY AFTER THAT? ARE YOU SORE? NAUSAU?

Hi, I am 52 years old and had the lap band done on Nov. 23rd 2009. I weighed 185lbs and the surgery went well. I was a little sore around the port area but able to move around with out a problem. I lost 13 lbs on the liquid diet and gained back 6 lbs once I went back on solid foods. I will have my first fill Jan 5th. The only issue I have had with eating is Turkey lunch meet. I have been lucky and order kids meals when we go out to dinner. It has been hard with the holidays and making cookies for family and friends but worth every minute of it!!! You will not regret having it done!!!! :wub: