Late December bandsters...

Hey Steph, Im doing great! Ive lost 21lbs since Dec 5th. My boyfriend kept making me weigh myself every other day, so i was losing 2lbs every other day. But I didnt want to weigh myself like that, so now I started weighing myself every Saturday. I noticed I lost 5 lbs this last week. I started at 237lbs then surgery date I was 231lbs..only lost 6lbs! But they have been melting like everyone said they would. I also believe the bigger you are the faster you lose, then it starts to slow down. My boyfriend went to rub my back, and he said "Oh my god, your buffalo hump is gone"! (you know that hump on your back, below the neck)..It really did go down. It was really funny! I dont know if it is really allowed but ive been hiking on a 3 mile trail for the past 3 days now. I have my friends encouraged, so we all 4 girlfriends have been excercising together. My paper work says you can go back to the gym 3 weeks after, just no sit ups and stuff, so I figure there is equipment thats like hiking at the gym! I get to start eating on Thursday, so Im nervous. I still havent stopped my chewing and spiting out,to be honest that really satisfies me. After chewing whatever it is that Im making, I feel like I ate it. May be gross, but its helped me get this far. I found a few websites, some for lapband diets, and some for dieting, I started a grocery list to get ready for eating, so Im doing well. (I went out dancing last night).. Im not sore at all, I have even started sleeping on my stomach (just a lil bit though). The only thing that bothers me, not that much but I do think about it, is the port. If you rub my stomach you can feel it. Im not even pushing on it, just rubbing. So as scared as I am of having any more incisions, I feel like I might have to have it relocated. But thats just how I feel now. Will see more down the line. I have been more scared of my port being moved, or just having port problems, then having band problems. I dont know the signs of port problems though. Other then that I feel perfect, and excited about the weight that I have lost already. Im a little sore from hiking. Cant wait until the day I can go through the whole trail without stopping 15 times!

Hey Steph, Im doing great! Ive lost 21lbs since Dec 5th. My boyfriend kept making me weigh myself every other day, so i was losing 2lbs every other day. But I didnt want to weigh myself like that, so now I started weighing myself every Saturday. I noticed I lost 5 lbs this last week. I started at 237lbs then surgery date I was 231lbs..only lost 6lbs! But they have been melting like everyone said they would. I also believe the bigger you are the faster you lose, then it starts to slow down. My boyfriend went to rub my back, and he said "Oh my god, your buffalo hump is gone"! (you know that hump on your back, below the neck)..It really did go down. It was really funny! I dont know if it is really allowed but ive been hiking on a 3 mile trail for the past 3 days now. I have my friends encouraged, so we all 4 girlfriends have been excercising together. My paper work says you can go back to the gym 3 weeks after, just no sit ups and stuff, so I figure there is equipment thats like hiking at the gym! I get to start eating on Thursday, so Im nervous. I still havent stopped my chewing and spiting out,to be honest that really satisfies me. After chewing whatever it is that Im making, I feel like I ate it. May be gross, but its helped me get this far. I found a few websites, some for lapband diets, and some for dieting, I started a grocery list to get ready for eating, so Im doing well. (I went out dancing last night).. Im not sore at all, I have even started sleeping on my stomach (just a lil bit though). The only thing that bothers me, not that much but I do think about it, is the port. If you rub my stomach you can feel it. Im not even pushing on it, just rubbing. So as scared as I am of having any more incisions, I feel like I might have to have it relocated. But thats just how I feel now. Will see more down the line. I have been more scared of my port being moved, or just having port problems, then having band problems. I dont know the signs of port problems though. Other then that I feel perfect, and excited about the weight that I have lost already. Im a little sore from hiking. Cant wait until the day I can go through the whole trail without stopping 15 times!

Wow you are really active already. I have been doing my elliptical a little here and there and just cleaning around the house. <_< Fun stuff. Great job on the huge loss. That is so awesome. I need to start weighing myself once a week too. This weighing everyday stuff is for the birds.

My port area is still a little sore but the scares look really good for being less than three weeks post-op. I am using this stuff call Scar-Guard that I bought a while back.

I have a buffalo hump too and once I read this post I felt mine and it is getting smaller too. :lol: