Any information please

Okay need some help from anyone else experiencing same problems. I had lapband surgery in October, 2006 and have had some trouble starting a year after the surgery. I had the port come loose and had to have surgery to re-attach the port and that was in October, 2008. Since then trouble the whole time. The incision never healed properly after the port re-attachment. Therefore, in May, 2009 (I believe) I had the port removed as I had an infection that wouldn't heal after many antibiotics. Then had the port put it again in August, 2009. The incision healed this time, but has opened up again after a fill. After taking anti-inflamatory meds for another reason it healed up again, but only temporarily. I am fearful that I need it removed again possibly my body is just rejecting it.

Any others with similar problems?

Thanks,

Zoey

Okay need some help from anyone else experiencing same problems. I had lapband surgery in October, 2006 and have had some trouble starting a year after the surgery. I had the port come loose and had to have surgery to re-attach the port and that was in October, 2008. Since then trouble the whole time. The incision never healed properly after the port re-attachment. Therefore, in May, 2009 (I believe) I had the port removed as I had an infection that wouldn't heal after many antibiotics. Then had the port put it again in August, 2009. The incision healed this time, but has opened up again after a fill. After taking anti-inflamatory meds for another reason it healed up again, but only temporarily. I am fearful that I need it removed again possibly my body is just rejecting it.

Any others with similar problems?

Thanks,

Zoey

Who did your surgery?

I'm going to assume it wasn't at the OCC?

I have yet to hear of someone having problems like you've described in this forum.

Please don't ask for a diagnoses in any forum, and see your doctor (the one who originally banded you) for a clear answer.

I would be very concerned based on what little info you did provide. And would also say it's not 'typical'.