Bandsters in Ohio? + Huge NSV

Hi all

EXCITING news this week. I got a call with a verbal acceptance in the Psychology PhD program at Ohio State!!!!! It's not official until I get the offer in writing but OMG I can't believe it! They have an amazing experimental psych program that is really highly ranked and I just can't even imagine what a great opportunity it will be. I NEVER would have been able to do the amount of work I have done in the last 6 months at 290lbs and I never would have had the confidence to apply to top schools. I am so glad I didn't wait any longer to get my band.

Anyhoo, now that I have stopped crying I am thinking of logistics. Are there any bandsters in or around Columbus Ohio who have a good fill Dr? I am planning on working my butt off (literally) to get to goal before leaving so hopefully fills won't be necessary, but I want to make sure I have all my bases covered in case of emergencies.

Also, I was looking at the medical insurance through the University and was surprised that emergency care is not covered 100%. It doesn't look too bad(actually quite good for most basic medical care especially through student medical services), but after having 100% coverage all of my life in Canada it is a little disconcerting. Can anyone tell me if supplemental insurance is easily available/affordable when you already have a relatively decent plan? I'm going to check through the University and I am probably just being overly cautious but the system is so different I want to make sure I understand everything.

Thanks

Louise

Hey Louise,

Im in columbus ohio and I just had the band surgery about 5 weeks ago but since Im 18, I go to a pediatric surgeon so I don't know how much that will help, sorry if I can't. I know Mount Carmel West is known in Columbus for the surgery so that might help.

Hi all

EXCITING news this week. I got a call with a verbal acceptance in the Psychology PhD program at Ohio State!!!!! It's not official until I get the offer in writing but OMG I can't believe it! They have an amazing experimental psych program that is really highly ranked and I just can't even imagine what a great opportunity it will be. I NEVER would have been able to do the amount of work I have done in the last 6 months at 290lbs and I never would have had the confidence to apply to top schools. I am so glad I didn't wait any longer to get my band.

Anyhoo, now that I have stopped crying I am thinking of logistics. Are there any bandsters in or around Columbus Ohio who have a good fill Dr? I am planning on working my butt off (literally) to get to goal before leaving so hopefully fills won't be necessary, but I want to make sure I have all my bases covered in case of emergencies.

Also, I was looking at the medical insurance through the University and was surprised that emergency care is not covered 100%. It doesn't look too bad(actually quite good for most basic medical care especially through student medical services), but after having 100% coverage all of my life in Canada it is a little disconcerting. Can anyone tell me if supplemental insurance is easily available/affordable when you already have a relatively decent plan? I'm going to check through the University and I am probably just being overly cautious but the system is so different I want to make sure I understand everything.

Thanks

Louise

Hi There!

I am from Columbus Ohio and have a great fill Doctor that is VERY fairly priced compared to what some of the people on here have posted. I went to Dr. Ortiz for my surgery and go to the Barix Clinic in Groveport for my fills. You can just google Barix Clinic Groveport Ohio and that will give you the information. Dr. Witt is the Doctor there, he and his entire staff are great! I highly recommend going there. I was just there today for my fourth fill and I can really feel the restriction this time. I hope this helps. Good luck on your journey!

Hi There!

I am from Columbus Ohio and have a great fill Doctor that is VERY fairly priced compared to what some of the people on here have posted. I went to Dr. Ortiz for my surgery and go to the Barix Clinic in Groveport for my fills. You can just google Barix Clinic Groveport Ohio and that will give you the information. Dr. Witt is the Doctor there, he and his entire staff are great! I highly recommend going there. I was just there today for my fourth fill and I can really feel the restriction this time. I hope this helps. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks so much Elain!