Considering Surgery for this summer.....questions

"Hello everyone. I am from Texas I am considering having the surgery this summer with Dr. Ortiz (hopefully) however I am wondering when will I need to go back for a fill after surgery? Or can I have a fill here in the Dallas area? Please advise!

Candace"

Candace - Welcome to the Lapbandforum! Dr. Ortiz will do a fill as soon as 6 weeks after surgery. In fact I had my first fill yesterday which was almost 6 weeks to the day after banding. There are many factors that will indicate when you should get your first fill. Email Lori, Patient Care Coordinator, Obesity Control Center, at her email address lori@obesitycontrolcenter.com or by phone at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 81. She is so easy to talk to and can give you current information. Months before I had decided to go through with the procedure she was always there to answer any questions I had. Best wishes! Kevin

Hello everyone. I am from Texas I am considering having the surgery this summer with Dr. Ortiz (hopefully) however I am wondering when will I need to go back for a fill after surgery? Or can I have a fill here in the Dallas area? Please advise!

Candace

i live in the dallas area and was banded by ortiz on the 14th of november. i plan on going back to mexico for my first fill. in the mean time, have found a bariatrics clinic in garland that does fills and anything else you need for people banded elsewhere. you can msg me privately if you want the information.

good luck. :D