what do you do?

Hey guys, I am 5 weeks after surgery and need some tips. I have had about two days now that I could have licked the paint off the walls. Head Hungry has reared its ugly head. I have done pretty well dealing but I know this is going to be a ongoing issue and would love some input on how some of you deal with it. Thanks!

The thing that works best for me is keeping myself busy. When i'm bored is when I want to eat, so I do what I can to keep moving so I don't let the head hunger get me. I also had a bad habit of eating in the car, so I would suddenly get head hunger there. I would just make myself stick it out until I got to my location and amazingly it was gone once I was out of the car.

I also learned to drink water and if you still think you are hungry to have something. Totally understand what you are going through it sucks!

Amy, you are doing so well!!! I notice you've lost 30 pounds now, and not only have I not increased from my 20 lbs lost, I gained 5 on my vacation last week!!!! I've lost 2 of those pounds, but I totally know what you're talking about.

I think if you can maintain where you are until your fill on the 24th, you'll be doing really well. Hopefully, if you get good restriction, it'll be a lot easier.

I know I'm fighting the same battle now. I was so happy about my 20 pound weight loss, but I'm having trouble not going back to my old eating habits! :wacko: