Eating before a Fill

I'm getting my first fill Monday at the OCC. I scheduled this when we booked my daughter's surgery. At the time, I didn't think to ask any questions, and I never got any instructions about whether I should fast before my fill?

I don't know what time I'm getting it, but I'll be going to the occ with Janelle at 7am...guess I should probably fast like she will be doing?

I'm getting my first fill Monday at the OCC. I scheduled this when we booked my daughter's surgery. At the time, I didn't think to ask any questions, and I never got any instructions about whether I should fast before my fill?

I don't know what time I'm getting it, but I'll be going to the occ with Janelle at 7am...guess I should probably fast like she will be doing?

SOMETHING DOLITTLE'S PUT TOGETHER:

http://www.occforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9919

SOMETHING DOLITTLE'S PUT TOGETHER:

http://www.occforum....?showtopic=9919

Oops--guess I should have searched before I asked this question!

But WOW! Thanks for posting the link and thanks to Doolittle for taking the time to post all that info. I know exactly what to do now--thanks much!

Please use me as an example (someone has to set a bad example) - I never fast before a fill and I just sceduled my 4th fill at the OCC for 4/2/10 so what does that tell you??? Now Angie2 fasted approx 28 hours before her first fill (she went with me) and she said Dr. So wanted to give her 5cc for her first fill! (she only let him give her 4cc) I only got 3cc on my first fill!

Please use me as an example (someone has to set a bad example) - I never fast before a fill and I just sceduled my 4th fill at the OCC for 4/2/10 so what does that tell you??? Now Angie2 fasted approx 28 hours before her first fill (she went with me) and she said Dr. So wanted to give her 5cc for her first fill! (she only let him give her 4cc) I only got 3cc on my first fill!

Dang, I guess that means I don't get to have a big dinner the night before!!! Thanks for telling of your experience. I'll drink a lot of water and won't eat much food.

Jill, thank you sooooo much for asking this question. I was wondering the same thing. Lots of good info. See you soon!

You are very welcome! Nothing like waiting til the last minute, huh?

Hey, do you have a specific time you're going to be filled? Because they know I'm showing up with my daughter and I really don't have any idea if I'll be filled before, during, or after the surgeries that day!

You are very welcome! Nothing like waiting til the last minute, huh?

Hey, do you have a specific time you're going to be filled? Because they know I'm showing up with my daughter and I really don't have any idea if I'll be filled before, during, or after the surgeries that day!

I'm scheduled for 9:00am on Wednesday. My flight back out is at 3:05. I hope that is enough time to tell if my fill is right.

I'm scheduled for 9:00am on Wednesday. My flight back out is at 3:05. I hope that is enough time to tell if my fill is right.

I think it should be--that leaves you an hour or two before you head back, right?

i wonder if the same info applies if you're NOT having flouro ...

are blind fills still applicable?

my fill nurse here in toronto, said it didn't matter if I drank/ate before a fill.

we only did a certain amount per fill, so there was nothing to go by.