why don't i feel restriction

so i got my first fill on the 20th of February at the OCC. i honestly don't feel ANY restriction. unless im eating beef or chicken, i get full really fast, but if i have anything like, rice or whatever... i end up eating just as much as i normally do. is this what a fill is suppose to feel like? im kinda disappointed. should i schedule another fill soon? i seriously think i only feel full because im telling myself i feel full and i really want the fill to have worked.. so how did your first fill feel to you? <3

so i got my first fill on the 20th of February at the OCC. i honestly don't feel ANY restriction. unless im eating beef or chicken, i get full really fast, but if i have anything like, rice or whatever... i end up eating just as much as i normally do. is this what a fill is suppose to feel like? im kinda disappointed. should i schedule another fill soon? i seriously think i only feel full because im telling myself i feel full and i really want the fill to have worked.. so how did your first fill feel to you? <3

Honestly, I had no restiction after my first fill. I had a little restriction after my second fill and a little more after my third fill and I am now at 6.6cc and I have sceduled my 4th fill in 4 months.

Honestly, I had no restiction after my first fill. I had a little restriction after my second fill and a little more after my third fill and I am now at 6.6cc and I have sceduled my 4th fill in 4 months.

wow... so every fill you got more put in? i saw you had 0.6cc's added... did that make a difference?

I had my surgery on Jan 7, 2010 and my first fill at OCC last Monday. I also have no restriction, not even with chicken or beef or BREAD! So I scheduled another fill for tomorrow. I know it's only a week and a day since my last fill, but I just don't want to mess around with this. I'm having a real hard time staying on a diet, although I'm trying. I keep hovering around 18-20 lbs lost and I don't want to gain any more.

The doctor I'm going to is Dr. Fitzpatrick in Eugene, Oregon. She doesn't do fluoroscopy, but she is highly recommended.

Anyway, I'd schedule a fill soon if I were you.

I am speaking from the wonderful experience of having 0 fills (ha) but I have always read that it takes a few fills to feel restriction, most people won't feel it in 1 fill, from what I have read. This is a process, eventually we will all be at our sweet spots but until then we have to slowly get fills to find the perfect fill for us. :)

I didn't have any restriction after my first fill, but I haven't had much put in with the 2nd & 3rd fills to get good restriction. It's definitely an art, not a science, and personally I think it has a lot to do with what your body is doing on the day you get your fill. I always scheduled my fills for right after my period because I usually gain 2 lbs of water weight the week before. It sounded logical that I would get a tighter fill if I was less bloated. But now after several months I realize that my band is tighter two weeks after my period and fairly loose the two weeks before. Go figure. My weight loss has stalled, but I am losing inches pretty good. I haven't decided if I'd rather be a little too tight 2 weeks out of the month, and then have good restriction right before my period (when my appetite is a bit out of control). But if I do get another fill it will definitely be during pms week.

I'd also recommend waiting 2 weeks after you get a fill unless you feel really, really open. A fill could feel different after 2 weeks. And... I also think once we get to a good fill level it does just take small amounts to make a big difference in restriction. There is a fine-tuning process and sometimes it really does take time to get it right.

Margie

Go back into the forum and into the Fills section. In there it has a post called "Increase your chances for a good fill." I just read it and it answered every question I was thinking and ones I hadn't even considered. It was extremely informative.

I have had 2 fills, the first one 4cc's, the second one 3cc's and then a little unfill. I didn't feel very restricted until that second fill, which after a few days, was more than I could live with. I'm pretty good right now, but am able to eat more than I think I should. I am anxious to hear what Dr. Ortiz has to say about restriction tonight on the webinar!

Go back into the forum and into the Fills section. In there it has a post called "Increase your chances for a good fill." I just read it and it answered every question I was thinking and ones I hadn't even considered. It was extremely informative.

thank you.. yes i did that.. i read it, even printed it out and took it with me for my first fill. i guess i'll have to try again

I am speaking from the wonderful experience of having 0 fills (ha) but I have always read that it takes a few fills to feel restriction, most people won't feel it in 1 fill, from what I have read. This is a process, eventually we will all be at our sweet spots but until then we have to slowly get fills to find the perfect fill for us. :)

lucky you... i guess it does depend on the individual.

We are all different, but this is what I do. When I go in for a fill, I do not eat that day. If I do I have a shake. I drink as much as I want, which is alot because I drink over 70 oz a day easy. I cut off my water intake about an hour before my apt so I don't have to pee. LOL Cuz girl when you drink that much water....ya gotta go like a pregnant lady!

If you are dehydrated for your fill, chances are you will get a tighter fill rather that a looser fill. IMHO. Your cells hold water, so when they are hydrated your tissue is bigger. Dehydrated....the tissue is smaller or shrunk.

That is how I understand it anyway.

Kinda kidding and kinda not, I wish I had not drank at all before my first fill.....ha!

For me no restriction at all after my first. The 2nd cut out some breads but that was it and I could eat a little less. Third did me much better and I really felt a difference then the 4th and 5th had me just perfect before an unfill due to stress.

Like everyone has said, some folks get restriction with no fill and some take a long time. My fill dr. won't do any fills until at least 30 days after a fill/unfill. Many people feel nothing and then out of the blue two weeks later have restriction. The band is odd like that. Also, as you go on you will have great restriction and lose it after a while. That is what happened to me b/t 4&5.

Be patient and it will all work out. Good luck!

Hi Erica,

Well, I have had 5 fills so far with a total of 4.5mls. Most of my fills have given me a tad bit of restriction in the beginning but after the 1st week it opens right up. This one, well I might have hit my sweet spot. Lets hope I don't jynx it. :unsure:

So anyways, I agree with others, that it takes several fills to get to the place of good restriction. It will happen. :)

Hugs,

Kristi

I'm going for my first fill this weekend. I'm paying very close attention here!!

good luck buddy... yes read that stuff dr.dolittle posted. it was helpful, just remember we have to do our part to be successful..im trying REALLY hard.