soooo sloowwww!

I haven't been on here for a while..life keeps getting in the way LOL! Well, I'm 9 months out since surgery and I'm FINALLY at the halfway point. Geez, it's taking forever! I’m trying to find that balance of the right restriction and exercise. This band is definitely a tool but you truly have to do your part. I started a running group to kick up my weight loss, jogging/running 45 min/3 times per week. I will be running my first 5K on March 21st =) Yay for me :lol:

Every time I go back for my fill, Mr. Cutie Fill Doctor @the OCC likes to remind me how much smaller I am than so many of the other patients and how I'm going to lose a lot slower but man, is it ever soooo slow! It's just kind of discouraging because it’s almost been a year and I thought I would have lost at least 30 at this point but I guess I’m almost there. I’m hoping/working on reaching 30 lbs. by my 1 year bandiversary in June.

My last fill a month ago was a little tight but I loosened up. I guess because I didn’t have the greatest of restriction in my prior fills, it was kind of new to me and the chew, chew, chew action didn’t kick in until this last one. I was a little down because I thought I’ve stayed the same weight as I was for my best friend’s bachelorette party back in August of last year and when I checked, I’ve lost 10 lbs since then!

This little thing is so tricky because sometimes, I am so tight that I can have a few morsels of food and sometimes, I feel I can eat practically anything. I’m still really getting used to this thing. The other Saturday night, I knew I ate too much because it was the first time since I had the surgery that I experienced the feeling of so disgustingly full that I thought my stomach was gonna blow and how I sooooo do not miss those times I ate myself into an oblivion. I realized at this moment how grateful I am to have the band!

I hope all of you are doing well. Miss you all!

I feel the same frustration as you. I, like you, didn't have a lot of weight to lose. The difference is that when I originally was banded I lost all the weight I wanted and it was no big deal. This all happened within the first couple of months. I lost 27 lbs. the first month. Then had some problems with the port coming loose, etc. and gained back almost all the weight. This was after I had kept the weight off for more than a year. Long story short, everything working again and it is taking forever. I have lost about half again, but it was SO easy the first time with no effort and this time not the same and it is frustrating for me.

I have to do the same as you and use as a tool which I didn't have to do originally. Also, need to regularly exercise which I don't do right now.

Keep up the good work. The best thing is that when you lose it slow, I think the chance of keeping it off is greater. It will happen. Oh and my doctor told me the same thing about not needing to lose the weight, all that stuff. He once told me that the weight I wanted to lose, most of his patients gained from one visit to the next. He didn't think I needed to lose weight.

I gotta now work at it and pump it up to lose the last 30 lbs. again!!!!!

Good luck

Hi Lea,

Congrats on starting a running group and you 1st 5k this month. That is wonderful.

It is so true that the band is only a tool. I really believe that cutting out all the junk-foods and exercise is key as well as eating at least 3 meals a day.

You are doing great. I agree that that band is so tricky/finicky. Also after every fill you have to re-learn how to eat again.

Keep up the good work! :)

Hugs,

Kristi

Boy I sure do know what your feeling. I wanted to loose 50lbs and it has been sooo slooooowwwwwww....Frusterating at times. I know I am shrinking because my clothes arebecoming loose. I really would like to get there and be happy, sexy hot mama! We are planning some PS sometime this year. I have seen some of the after shot of some folks after there tummy tucks, and they look fab....I want that to be me!!!

Kim