Virgin Coconut Oil for the skin

Does anyone use coconut oil for their skin. When I was at OCC for my first fill Dr. Miranda told me to use a good moisturizing lotion with something in it for elasticity or cellulite. Have been looking around on the internet and came across Virgin Coconut Oil for the skin. Sounds great, but everything always does. Would like to know what you guys think or what you use. Most of what I've seen in the stores have been for the face and neck, and are in small little jars. Girl I need something that comes in a bucket.

Does anyone use coconut oil for their skin. When I was at OCC for my first fill Dr. Miranda told me to use a good moisturizing lotion with something in it for elasticity or cellulite. Have been looking around on the internet and came across Virgin Coconut Oil for the skin. Sounds great, but everything always does. Would like to know what you guys think or what you use. Most of what I've seen in the stores have been for the face and neck, and are in small little jars. Girl I need something that comes in a bucket.

ahaha... bucket!! you are silly.. i'm going to look it up and let you know.

ok i found a 17oz bottle of virgin coconut oil on ebay. search it!! before i buy it! :]

ok i found a 17oz bottle of virgin coconut oil on ebay. search it!! before i buy it! :]

Woah there! Don't blow your wad just yet! You can get big jars of pure coconut oil WAY cheaper at any higher end grocery store, or any health food store, as a COOKING oil! Buy it as labeled for cooking, not for skin. Any given kitchen item that would normally cost a dollar a bucket automatically becomes $50 an ounce when then word "skin" is slapped on the label. The cooking stuff is often actually better because they aren't trying to sneak stuff like perfumes and Propelyne Glycol into the formula to keep you buying.

Witch hazel, for example, is a gentle, natural astringent skin toner. It is awesome. It has other kinds of medical type applications too. In the walmart pharmacy section you can get a bottle of it that is just like the big ugly bottles they sell rubbing alcohol in, and it's like $1.50. OR you can walk two aisles over into the beauty section and buy a tiny designer bottle of exactly the same stuff for $10.

Crazy, right? I have a good sized jar of coconut oil and I put it into little tiny jars for my makeup kit, because it takes off waterproof makeup better than any fancy makeup remover I've ever tried. And it doesn't irritate. OH! And my skin is prone to bacterial infections (don't ever get staph) and sometimes it's so bad that even water is painful, but the coconut oil soothes it completely. And I buy it at a grocery store.

So go shoppin!

Hey Linsey, your right! Call a local "all natural" store and the organic coconut oil was about 20 bucks. Found some at Wal-Mart for $10 actually in the vitamin section-not labeled for the skin, but for consumption. I have been using it for my skin for about a week now and love it. I have never been a "lotion" person because of my oily skin. Couldn't stand the way it would sit wet feeling on my skin. This stuff is awesome. It actually soaks in and doesn't feel oily or greasy. My skin is so smooth feeling. I have read up on it and it seems to have lots of good quality's. I guess only time will tell if it does anything (elastic wise) for my skin.

Hey Linsey, your right! Call a local "all natural" store and the organic coconut oil was about 20 bucks. Found some at Wal-Mart for $10 actually in the vitamin section-not labeled for the skin, but for consumption. I have been using it for my skin for about a week now and love it. I have never been a "lotion" person because of my oily skin. Couldn't stand the way it would sit wet feeling on my skin. This stuff is awesome. It actually soaks in and doesn't feel oily or greasy. My skin is so smooth feeling. I have read up on it and it seems to have lots of good quality's. I guess only time will tell if it does anything (elastic wise) for my skin.

I use raw shea butter. I love it. But it is not for most people. It is pretty greasy and takes a while to soak in. But that is what I have used all winter and have not had any dry skin that comes with the winter.

Woah there! Don't blow your wad just yet! You can get big jars of pure coconut oil WAY cheaper at any higher end grocery store, or any health food store, as a COOKING oil! Buy it as labeled for cooking, not for skin. Any given kitchen item that would normally cost a dollar a bucket automatically becomes $50 an ounce when then word "skin" is slapped on the label. The cooking stuff is often actually better because they aren't trying to sneak stuff like perfumes and Propelyne Glycol into the formula to keep you buying.

Witch hazel, for example, is a gentle, natural astringent skin toner. It is awesome. It has other kinds of medical type applications too. In the walmart pharmacy section you can get a bottle of it that is just like the big ugly bottles they sell rubbing alcohol in, and it's like $1.50. OR you can walk two aisles over into the beauty section and buy a tiny designer bottle of exactly the same stuff for $10.

Crazy, right? I have a good sized jar of coconut oil and I put it into little tiny jars for my makeup kit, because it takes off waterproof makeup better than any fancy makeup remover I've ever tried. And it doesn't irritate. OH! And my skin is prone to bacterial infections (don't ever get staph) and sometimes it's so bad that even water is painful, but the coconut oil soothes it completely. And I buy it at a grocery store.

So go shoppin!

good tip.. im on it