Diet

LarryDorman

Ok started working out with a trainer 6 times a week eating everything right and have not dropped much im getting HARD due to the work outs but not dropping the pounds what happens if I dont loose the weight before my surgery date??

I'm right there with you. although I wasn't working out before surgery I was just gorging myself with food.

So I set my surgery date at 200 lbs, I put 205 on the paperwork "just in case". Well that "just in case" 5 lbs turned out to be 213 (probably more but I quit weighing myself).

I really had to kick in gear my preop diet about 10 days before my surgery and I was able to get down to 204.5 the day of surgery. Dr. Miranda kind of asked me what the deal was and I was just honest with her and told her that I kind of went crazy after setting my surgery date but then lost 9.5 lbs in the 2 weeks prior to surgery. She was ok with that even though I didn't lose the 5% I was required to do.

I would say start taking measurements to show you're working out or stop the weight training and go on at least a 10 day 3-protein shakes a day routine up until your surgery date.

Ok started working out with a trainer 6 times a week eating everything right and have not dropped much im getting HARD due to the work outs but not dropping the pounds what happens if I dont loose the weight before my surgery date??

Hi Larry! Great job on working out! (high five) Which of the 3 diet plans did you choose? The main focus of the diet is to reduce the fat around the liver. It makes the surgeons job much easier. I did the 2 shakes and the lean meal in the evening. It was very difficult for me to do, but I did loose the weight and that made me feel great!

Give Dr. Miranda a call and talk your weight over with her. She is very nice and will give you a better idea of what you need to tweek in order to hit goal.