SCARS!

i wanted to post this because i wasn't sure what to expect about what my abdomen would like like after surgery. i hope this never-meant-to-be-posted picture helps any soon-to-be bansters who wonder what they'll look like afterward. it's not a close up of the incisions, but you get the idea. :)

i was banded on november 14th. this picture was caught by my cousin as i looked at my incisions in the mirror the next day. i look pregnant (haha); my abdomen was distended because i was blessed with a belly full of gas, which is very normal after this type of surgery. also, couldn't hold my belly in at all because i was really sore at the time. the soreness lasted about a week for me, but i hear time and time again that some have no pain. i have one 1" incision and four 1/4" incisions. and i should say, it has been 16 days... as a registered nurse, i am very impressed at how well everything is healing! absolutely no sign of infection or any other complication. i've lost 13 pounds and feel absolutely wonderful!

good luck to you all!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/maz...Untitled-18.jpg

i wanted to post this because i wasn't sure what to expect about what my abdomen would like like after surgery. i hope this never-meant-to-be-posted picture helps any soon-to-be bansters who wonder what they'll look like afterward. it's not a close up of the incisions, but you get the idea. :)

i was banded on november 14th. this picture was caught by my cousin as i looked at my incisions in the mirror the next day. i look pregnant (haha); my abdomen was distended because i was blessed with a belly full of gas, which is very normal after this type of surgery. also, couldn't hold my belly in at all because i was really sore at the time. the soreness lasted about a week for me, but i hear time and time again that some have no pain. i have one 1" incision and four 1/4" incisions. and i should say, it has been 16 days... as a registered nurse, i am very impressed at how well everything is healing! absolutely no sign of infection or any other complication. i've lost 13 pounds and feel absolutely wonderful!

good luck to you all!

good luck to you all!

It's me Liz again. Do you know how Greg is doing? He is the guy that was banded the same day we were.

Liz

lizkruth@yahoo.com

haven't talked to him since we were banded, but he posted once in a while on here.

how are you doing?

those scars arent bad at all, im trying to decided whether to go with a mini bypass or the band!! help!

It's me Liz again. Do you know how Greg is doing? He is the guy that was banded the same day we were.

Liz

lizkruth@yahoo.com

Liz, I am doing just fine, and great to hear from you! I returned back to work with no problems (except a little soreness from leg cramps). I am currently in Ohio, and returning to my home in Omaha tomorrow until my next assignment.

The glue on my scars is almost gone. In fact, the scars are almost not visible. My one longer scar is 'indented' a few millimeters.

I have spent so many years avoiding scales, I have not checked my weight for about 2 weeks. I received the larger VG band, so I do not expect serious results until my first or second fill, but my belt is a little looser!

I hope you are doing well also. Having two beautiful women with me in the "Nov. 14th club" made the experience a bit more pleasant, and I hope both you and Kristi continue toward your goals.

haven't talked to him since we were banded, but he posted once in a while on here.

how are you doing?

I'm doing fine! I've lost a total of 13 lbs. but, have gained 3 probably due to the fact I went from liquid to more caloric soups. I'm starting to eat some solids now and haven't had any problems. I just make sure I chew my food until it is similar to a liquid. I'm also going to start working out this week. Hopefully, I will be able to loose a few more pounds before I get my first fill.

I'm doing fine! I've lost a total of 13 lbs. but, have gained 3 probably due to the fact I went from liquid to more caloric soups. I'm starting to eat some solids now and haven't had any problems. I just make sure I chew my food until it is similar to a liquid. I'm also going to start working out this week. Hopefully, I will be able to loose a few more pounds before I get my first fill.

thanks for your sweet words, greg. i'm glad things are going well for you. ><' and good to hear how you are doing too, liz.

i've lost 9 pounds since november 14th (13 total since the week prior to that), but it's been 9 pounds period for a while now, ever since i started solid foods. as are you, liz, i'm about to start at the gym this week so hopefully that helps. i feel like i am hungry all the darn time! i am trying to decide whether alot of it is mental hunger. no doubt i will really be hungry because my stomach will be growling, but then after i eat i "think" i am still hungry. i'm working through it!

the scars are looking awesome! all of the glue is gone now and the "one inch" incision where my port was inserted is actually only 3/4". the other 4 are very tiny and almost not noticable at all. each night i use an alcohol swab to clean each incision and then i apply a triple antibiotic ointment. it's nice that the swelling in my abdomen (probably mostly post-op gas!) has gone down and i no longer look "pregnant"!

i have a question... is it normal to be able to eat an entire lean cuisine frozen dinner? they are very small portions, but surely more than 1/2 cup. thanks!

thanks for your sweet words, greg. i'm glad things are going well for you. ><' and good to hear how you are doing too, liz.

i've lost 9 pounds since november 14th (13 total since the week prior to that), but it's been 9 pounds period for a while now, ever since i started solid foods. as are you, liz, i'm about to start at the gym this week so hopefully that helps. i feel like i am hungry all the darn time! i am trying to decide whether alot of it is mental hunger. no doubt i will really be hungry because my stomach will be growling, but then after i eat i "think" i am still hungry. i'm working through it!

the scars are looking awesome! all of the glue is gone now and the "one inch" incision where my port was inserted is actually only 3/4". the other 4 are very tiny and almost not noticable at all. each night i use an alcohol swab to clean each incision and then i apply a triple antibiotic ointment. it's nice that the swelling my abdomen in general has gone down and i no longer look "pregnant"!

i have a question... is it normal to be able to eat an entire lean cuisine frozen dinner? they are very small portions, but surely more than 1/2 cup. thanks!

I am able to eat virtually anything right now, but still a little less than before surgery. I remember walking next to you by those taco stands on Avenue Revolution, and it was torture! But, now I can have tacos again. I just have to chew chew chew.

Only 30% of patients have restriction before any fills, so I would say an entire lean cuisine is absolutely normal. With your band, you most likely will get restriction after your first fill. Remember, your band right now is still totally 'deflated', kind of like a catheter before it is 'secured' with saline.

If a lean cuisine is a full meal for you, you are doing amazing!

I am able to eat virtually anything right now, but still a little less than before surgery. I remember walking next to you by those taco stands on Avenue Revolution, and it was torture! But, now I can have tacos again. I just have to chew chew chew.

Only 30% of patients have restriction before any fills, so I would say an entire lean cuisine is absolutely normal. With your band, you most likely will get restriction after your first fill. Remember, your band right now is still totally 'deflated', kind of like a catheter before it is 'secured' with saline.

If a lean cuisine is a full meal for you, you are doing amazing!

thanks, greg! ok, i feel better. i just kept reading that people were only eating 1/2 cup and i was starting to question my situation. perhaps they already have fills. i love, love, love food! it's my comfort. i just keep reminding myself that the band is merely a weight loss "tool" and no magic answer. i am trying hard to change my habits, as we all are, and i feel blessed to have the band to help me do so. i feel better already, even with only 9 pounds gone.

so glad to have the support from this board!