Does anyone live in Phoenix?

ValleyGirl

I live in the Phoenix area - bought here last year but originally from Oregon. All I can say is where the houses are the cheapest, it probably means it isn't the best area. There are great buy everywhere, but you pay a little more for the better areas. I live east of town in Gold Canyon. The traffic isn't so bad here, but on the west side - look out. Any of the suburbs have good and bad areas. The best thing to do is drive around. It isn't usually hard to see the bad areas and the real estate people should be able to direct you to the better parts.

Good luck and welcome on Arizona.

Judi

Hi Sabrina.. I just decided to get back on the forum for support, since I've been failing miserably with my band and havn't been on here for quite awhile. I was banded Oct 08 and havn't done so well with it, but thats another story. Anyways, before I get to off track, my parents just moved to Suprise Arizona, about 30 min from Phoneix, after living in the Pacific Northwest their entire lives. They spent 3 weeks in AZ driving around till they found just the right place. My husband and family and I just got back from Surprise a week ago and I have to say I LOVE IT THERE! So much we have been in touch with a realtor to find a second home/investement too. I have the name of a great realtor who sends me daily listings down there. If you would like any information or his name feel free to email me. Take care.. and congrats on your weight loss!

• 2 months later...

Hi Sabrina!

I have lived in Central Phoenix for the last 14 years. I have several friends that are in the real estate biz and are not wolves. The prices have dropped substantially so what I paid for my condo I could get a 3-4 bedroom home. Let me know.

Paul