Too early for TT?

2mara

Hi All -

I was banded May 08 and have lost about 80 pounds, all before July 2009. I've probably only lost 2-3 pounds from July until now. The good news is, I haven't gained!

Since I've been stable so long, I have started considering a tummy tuck and breast lift and even had a consultation this week. The doc is ready to go, but I have one major reservation.... I'm not at my goal weight. While I am very happy with my weight loss and if I never lost another pound would be ok with it, I hope to eventually lose another 20 pounds.

Does anyone have experience where they continued to lose weight after plastic surgery? I hate to have a TT to remove all this excess skin (which really, really bothers me) and then create a new wave of extra skin by losing more weight.

Tanya in Nashville

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIGPVjy/

Hi All -

I was banded May 08 and have lost about 80 pounds, all before July 2009. I've probably only lost 2-3 pounds from July until now. The good news is, I haven't gained!

Since I've been stable so long, I have started considering a tummy tuck and breast lift and even had a consultation this week. The doc is ready to go, but I have one major reservation.... I'm not at my goal weight. While I am very happy with my weight loss and if I never lost another pound would be ok with it, I hope to eventually lose another 20 pounds.

Does anyone have experience where they continued to lose weight after plastic surgery? I hate to have a TT to remove all this excess skin (which really, really bothers me) and then create a new wave of extra skin by losing more weight.

Tanya in Nashville

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIGPVjy/

I wish I waited. I was about like you, 20 pounds from goal, but I didn't like my hanging apron. But I'm still at the same weight I was when I had my lower body lift.