Scared to Eat

SandyHotBox

I am looking forward to starting to eat on Sunday, but am also scared. There are so many foods that I am already craving that I know I shouldn't eat. I just hope I have the will power to stay stronger. Oh by the way can we eat popcorn?

I am looking forward to starting to eat on Sunday, but am also scared. There are so many foods that I am already craving that I know I shouldn't eat. I just hope I have the will power to stay stronger. Oh by the way can we eat popcorn?

Nothing wrong with popcorn as far as I know, I have eaten air-popped popcorn as a snack for some time now. Don't be afraid to satisfy some of your cravings, otherwise you might end up gorging later on. Just have some and then you won't be craving it anymore.. just don't go overboard. Pretend you are at your full restriction level and you can only eat 1/3 of what you ate before... and see what happens! I ate very tiny amounts when I got off my post-op diet, and that lasted for a couple weeks and then my appetite came back.. But, use this time to ENJOY eating smaller portions and not feeling like you HAVE to keep eating and eating!

thanks for the advice, i am just scared to gain the weight i already lost. Just need to learn to make better choices.

Hello,

First... Congrats on being banded :wub:

Second... I was told not to eat popcorn but each person is different on what they can eat. I know that a few can eat bread without issues but I can not eat anything with bread or I will get stuck no matter how much I chew. I would first send a message to OCC to see what the think.

Good Luck