Back from Mexico

Hi Bandsters,

I am back from Mexico and had Dr So check my band. It is a couple of years old and a couple of the ladies that have gotten banded at the same time as I did have had BIG problems. I eat a food program from Kay Sheppard and I love it, but it has much more than the band rules allow, it has caused me to lose the last 15 pounds that I couldn't get off with the band alone, together the band and food program have been wonderful and Dr So said that I could keep doing what I am doing becasue the food choices are so good and the band is PERFECT!

That was good news, and the doctor that I saw for my face lift, eye lift and breast lift was great too, his name is Dr Campos. His surgery schedual lady, Giselle is great too.

The bad news is the healing house that I stayed at was a NIGHTMARE. La Casa de Lilas was to be a place to relax and heal and it turned out to be a stressful situation to say the least. The business was bought this last year by a man that does not speak English, he opened it up in a neigborbood of connected townhouses that had chainlink fences and barb wire on top, like a prison has, barking dogs and all. The aids DID NOT speak english either. The food was not good and the whole week I was there I had to wear sandles in the shower because it was never cleaned. "Eric" is the person that sets you up over the email but was never seen. Four patients went home early or to hotels because of the lack of care. I am glad to home so that I can finally rest. The first person to help me with a shower was my husband when I got home. Do not belive what you read they offer on thier web site.

Sorry to hear that the aftercare was bad, but i'm glad everything else went well. I was just pondering today going to OCC for my 2 year bandiversary just to get stuff checked out. Just depends on if I can afford it at the time. I really want PS too, but money is a real issue right now so we will have to wait and see.

Just looked at the program you are following and i'm wondering if you bought any of her books. The ones on food addiction look really interesting. Let me know if you recommend any of them.

Sorry to hear that the aftercare was bad, but i'm glad everything else went well. I was just pondering today going to OCC for my 2 year bandiversary just to get stuff checked out. Just depends on if I can afford it at the time. I really want PS too, but money is a real issue right now so we will have to wait and see.

Just looked at the program you are following and i'm wondering if you bought any of her books. The ones on food addiction look really interesting. Let me know if you recommend any of them.

I bought the one " From the First Bite" and I had a freind send me a bunch of rciepes (she lost 165 on this program and has maintained for years) that I wouls forward to you if you want. I don't use them, I cook and eat real simple, there are ways to make this program as easy as fast food (almost). I don't ever see going away from this totally healthy and satisfying way of eating. I no longer am upsessed over the scale and weight, with this program, I just went down and never go up and that is a HUGE first in my life.

It only cost 30 bucks to have the band checked and the OCC wants us to do it once a year.

PS cost 1/3 of US prices in Mexico, but can still be expensive when the $ is not at hand and there is the down time to recover too. I had $ saved for this for the last 7 years and decided that it is now or never.

Hi Bandsters,

I am back from Mexico and had Dr So check my band. It is a couple of years old and a couple of the ladies that have gotten banded at the same time as I did have had BIG problems. I eat a food program from Kay Sheppard and I love it, but it has much more than the band rules allow, it has caused me to lose the last 15 pounds that I couldn't get off with the band alone, together the band and food program have been wonderful and Dr So said that I could keep doing what I am doing becasue the food choices are so good and the band is PERFECT!

That was good news, and the doctor that I saw for my face lift, eye lift and breast lift was great too, his name is Dr Campos. His surgery schedual lady, Giselle is great too.

The bad news is the healing house that I stayed at was a NIGHTMARE. La Casa de Lilas was to be a place to relax and heal and it turned out to be a stressful situation to say the least. The business was bought this last year by a man that does not speak English, he opened it up in a neigborbood of connected townhouses that had chainlink fences and barb wire on top, like a prison has, barking dogs and all. The aids DID NOT speak english either. The food was not good and the whole week I was there I had to wear sandles in the shower because it was never cleaned. "Eric" is the person that sets you up over the email but was never seen. Four patients went home early or to hotels because of the lack of care. I am glad to home so that I can finally rest. The first person to help me with a shower was my husband when I got home. Do not belive what you read they offer on thier web site.

Woo hoo glad that hurdle is over! Let all the healing begin!! I am sure you will look even more fabulous than you do now!

That is a HUGE downer that your aftercare was that terrible. What a huge upset. Glad hubby is able to help you, and you are home!

What a nightmare about the after-care. Cleanliness is critical so you don't get an infection. That place needs to be shut down!!! I hope you told Dr. Campos. I'm glad you were happy with him at least. He is who I want to go to for my surgery because I think his work is the best I have seen (in Mexico, Canada or US) but I don't speak a word of Spanish and still don't like what's going on in TJ with the crime so I'm still on the fence. My second choice is Dr. Nyte in Washington State. I have most of the money saved now but I'm SO SO SO scared of the pain. I need an extended tt and inner thigh lift. I don't know how I can come back from that and take care of two young children. Anybody want to chime in on your recoveries, please do.

Sabrina:)

What a nightmare about the after-care. Cleanliness is critical so you don't get an infection. That place needs to be shut down!!! I hope you told Dr. Campos. I'm glad you were happy with him at least. He is who I want to go to for my surgery because I think his work is the best I have seen (in Mexico, Canada or US) but I don't speak a word of Spanish and still don't like what's going on in TJ with the crime so I'm still on the fence. My second choice is Dr. Nyte in Washington State. I have most of the money saved now but I'm SO SO SO scared of the pain. I need an extended tt and inner thigh lift. I don't know how I can come back from that and take care of two young children. Anybody want to chime in on your recoveries, please do.

Sabrina:)

Dr Campos and Gissele both speek English very well. The TT is something that I had 17 years ago and it still is beautiful!!! Please check the price with Dr Campos and let them know that I reccomended him too? Barbara Sawyer

The good part and I would do this....Dr Campos has arrangements with Hotels in San Diego for low fares for his patients. He is worth checking out. Also I would save a few extra bucks to have some help with the kids, even part time would be great, the TT can really hurt. You will love the TT.

Woo hoo glad that hurdle is over! Let all the healing begin!! I am sure you will look even more fabulous than you do now!

That is a HUGE downer that your aftercare was that terrible. What a huge upset. Glad hubby is able to help you, and you are home!

Thank you, I feel kinda crappy today and isolated...I was stuck in bed for nearly a month before the surgery with the flu...so it's compounded!

GirlBarb,

Well, I am thrilled to hear that your band is A-OK, That is great news!

Next month is my one year bandaversary and my doctor has a list of things she says she is gonna check for the one year mark. Kinda made me nervous when she said that. LOL....

Anyways it gives me hope to hear that you are a couple years out and you are good. :)

I am glad you are home and your hubby is helping. This is the healing stage, so let your body heal.

Happy Healing.

I had laser liposuction with Dr. Campos one week and a day ago. I will be honest, the recovery is quite annoying because you become very swollen and during the first few days I was depressed because I felt I had gained instead of lost. I know that is normal due to all of the swelling, but it was very aggravating. One week later and I finally feel like myself again. Sabrina, I had a TT a few years ago with breast augmentation, the band and now the laser liposuction and the first week has always been pretty rough. I remember with the TT, I could not get out of bed by myself (for a week)and you have to walk hunched over during that time. For me, it has taken about a week from the surgeries I have had to feel comfortable. I am not sure how old your kids are, but I do recall that you cannot lift anything over maybe 20 or 30 lbs for a while.

As far as after care, I did not use Dr. Campos' recommendation because I live in San Diego. I was very pleased with the Lucerna when I had my band. Also remember, San Diego isn't too far away from Tijuana. I live in San Diego so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

And one more thing, for any of those wanting to get the fat grafting into the butt, you are unable to sit on your bottom for about 4-5 days. I was only able to stay in bed and lay on my sides and stomach. It was pretty hard to do and I became very sore. I do love how my bottom looks though. It is very full :). If you are willing to relax and let your body recover, I believe getting lipo, a tummy tuck or being banded is definitely worth it!! The final result is definitely an amazing feeling!