What do I need to take?

Hi all,

A newbie here. I'm scheduled for surgery on May 17th.

I'm wondering if anyone has a list of things they think you must take with you to Mexico.

I'll be traveling on my own and want to make sure I have everything I could possibly need.

Many thanks

Madge

Gas-X strips (the mint flavor is nice), cozy cozy clothes, a small throw pillow (will help when sleeping/riding in car/airplane at it keeps ur tummy/incisions from moving around), laptop (free wifi at lucerna)

those four things were invaluable!! :)

I didn't go for the shopping. The mall was terrible (IMHO), and nothing was worth dragging home.

- broth cubes

- crystal light on-the-go packs - try and find ones with protein.

- jogging pants & tshits. Anything baggy.

- magazines!

- a laptop is super handy, too, but of course, not essential.

You'll be doing a lot of sleeping, so just bring comfy clothes, and a few pairs of thick socks to keep your feet warm.

Bring a book or two...

cup for your broth, and make sure you use bottled water.

I totally over paked..go figure, didn't use half of the stuff I packed.

1's and 5's great tip...

gas strips, and take them before surgery...the strips...

Baggy clothes...and just set your mind to the fact we have all

been there, we have all had to be on the liquid phase...when you want to

think that its not worth it...It will be...

Take care

Kim :wub:

I took the cubes and tried them once and gagged they tasted terrible. From then on it was broth from the hotel for me as well as gatorade and special k20 water.

On top of what has been said also a heating pad. I didn't take one and really wish I would have. I also agree on baggy clothes, cash, a pillow and gas x strips. Take as little as possible but i'm sooo glad I took my laptop or I would have been really bored!

curious why everyone is saying take bouillon and stuff? Is there not somewhere to eat there? I thought there were restaurants in the hotel that catered to OCC clients?

They do offer broth, but it's sometimes not broth, and you end up picking out the chunky stuff.

I know when I was at hotel, they didn't really have a full grasp on what I was ordering from room service. Communication break down (I speak very little spanish) and the OCC had just started bringing clients there, so they weren't familiar with that I needed.

I'm sure it's a lot better now.

Not knowing if you're traveling by plane, trying to find CLEAR BROTH at the airport was literally impossible.

Not knowing if you're traveling by plane, trying to find CLEAR BROTH at the airport was literally impossible.

Lindsay you hit the nail on the head there. I know your travel day was way more intense than mine.....and the airport is a place to bring things for that is for sure.