Do you find that your motivation changes from day to day?

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone))))))))))))))))))))))

Do you mind that your motivation changes from day to day? I think I have more motivation changes than I do mood swings. Yesterday I saw the lowest number on my home scale since my mother passed away in July 2008, which is the event that launched the journey to this life change.

The latest number on the scale marks me being just 11 lbs from my lowest weight since 2004. I've been close before. Right before my mom died I was just 3 lbs from that number (209) and after her death I was at 258 lbs before I could blink...and I threw up my hands and made the decision to get the band.

Yesterday it felt so close, but today it feels far away. How crazy is that?

Fear is a big part of this. My weight has fluctuated within 10 lbs or so from the 220's since 1993. 17 flippen years. 17 years.

Yep, I think what I'm feeling this morning is fear. Fear that despite the band my fear of failure will cause me to stay where it's been comfortable for 17 years.

If I think too much about it, how I'm just 21 lbs from Onderland, but how I've been this close so many times and allowed myself to go flittering off in another direction...

Believe it or not, writing this post has helped me because just acknowledging that I'm only 21 lbs away from my lowest weight in 17 years is helping to fuel the motivation again. I'm glad I decided to have an oatmeal breakfast square for breakfast rather than garbage.

Good Afternoon robbynnoel,

Right off the bat, I see that you have had some fantastic results. For me, I am so new at this...I have had this...well, almost HIGH when I get up in the morning. I have so much more energy, less desire to eat...and I am seeing some results. I wish the weight would drop off quickly but I know that is not reasonable. This tells me I am still in the "new toy mode". It is fun, exciting, and challenging to be recently banded. So right now, I don't find my motivation changing that much at all.

Looking at this from your point of view, I think I can relate to what you are saying. The fear part is a good likeness of the feeling. I have had many things happen in my life that when (what ever it was) was within reach...I had this terrible feeling that I just might not make my goal. After working with this for many years, I realized that my feelings were fear as well. Fear of failure. I had to do some deep digging to admit that. Now that I do know what my problem is (was), I don't have the feelings as often. Wanting to stay in a "comfort zone" is so common. Even for people who seemingly do not have the problem with bad "vibes" etc. Finding a comfort zone and wanting to stay there is just part of life. Some people like the easy ways...but those who take on the tougher routes, tougher schedules, tougher challenges are the ones who succeed at a higher level.

This is just my opinion...but I think I have been where you are talking about. Recently, when I had to admit I needed some assistance to lose weight or pay for it with other health issues, I had this brief feeling of the "what if's". So I tried to turn in around to the "what if I don't do this"? Looking at different things through a different perspective made a whole world of difference to me. Sure hope this does't sound like a bunch of prattle, but I thought you are having such great success and have been such a great role model for so many people on this site...I just had to send you a pat on the back and a big thank you for bringing up this "make me think" type subject.

My Best

Apprehensive (no longer)

Oh yeah my motivation is soo day to day!! Some days I can push through it and eat well and exercise but then there are times when it just isn't happening, but I try to push myself through it every day.

I do best when I have something coming up soon to work towards. I am running in a race first weekend of June and since it is a month away it has given me more motivation. Had the same thing before my birthday, HS reunion, and other races. If I find small things to work towards it really helps. After the race in June i'm headed to the lake in August so that will help me get my rear in gear the thought of a swimsuit around all my skinny mini friends.

Just know we all go through it! :)

Read some motivational quotes. Here are a couple of my favorites.

"Whether you think you can or cannot, you're right!"

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got."

You're right, it's hard to wrap your head around the fact that you CAN lose that weight, and that this band DOES work. I remember that feeling. Like it was all for nothing.

Go into the Members Galleries on this site, and show yourself exactly what this lap band has done for everyone on this forum. It's GOING to happen, all you need to do is correct your mindset and WANT this change.

We all go through these days where we are disgruntled and unmotivated, especially us women! Why do you think there are tons of women on this forum who have had their band for years and are still here posting. Because we will always need the inspiration, and we will always need to feed off each other.

Know that this forum will always be here for motivation, support, and positive feedback. All you have to do is get here!

Hope This Helps,

Evette

Look at you girl....you look fantastic!!!!

Oatmeal breakfast square? What's that?

And yes, my motivation changes from day to day. I have had 5 fills in a shorter time than probably most people and I'm still not sure if I have good restriction. My challenge has been to not get discouraged that I haven't lost weight since my surgery and the three-week liquid diet, and to not gain any more. I've played with the same 2-3 pounds for 3 months now, and get very discouraged sometimes. I just had my 5th fill last week, though, and I'm hopeful that this will do the trick.

Sometimes I feel like I deliberately eat bad food to stop the weight loss, but I sure as hell don't know why.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs Evette)))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you so much for your post. It is wonderful to see your success. It really shows me that it's possible.

xo

Read some motivational quotes. Here are a couple of my favorites.

"Whether you think you can or cannot, you're right!"

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got."

You're right, it's hard to wrap your head around the fact that you CAN lose that weight, and that this band DOES work. I remember that feeling. Like it was all for nothing.

Go into the Members Galleries on this site, and show yourself exactly what this lap band has done for everyone on this forum. It's GOING to happen, all you need to do is correct your mindset and WANT this change.

We all go through these days where we are disgruntled and unmotivated, especially us women! Why do you think there are tons of women on this forum who have had their band for years and are still here posting. Because we will always need the inspiration, and we will always need to feed off each other.

Know that this forum will always be here for motivation, support, and positive feedback. All you have to do is get here!

Hope This Helps,

Evette

(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Jill)))))))))))))))))))))))

Oatmeal Breakfast Squares are manufactured by Nestle and sold at Jenny Craig. When I decided to get the lapband I never saw myself doing a formal food program like Jenny Craig again, but after almost a year of being banded I realized that everyones needs are a little bit different, and the best solution for me, right now, is to let a pre committed menu guide my healthy choices.

I'm working on my weight loss mindset...and my eating patters. Thank god for the band, it's an amazing tool and I don't even want to think of where I'd be without it.

I've been looking at myself to try and figure out what it is about Onderland that derails me year after year after year. I may never find the solution, but I am finally in a place where I refuse to go another year without over coming it.

xo

Oatmeal breakfast square? What's that?

And yes, my motivation changes from day to day. I have had 5 fills in a shorter time than probably most people and I'm still not sure if I have good restriction. My challenge has been to not get discouraged that I haven't lost weight since my surgery and the three-week liquid diet, and to not gain any more. I've played with the same 2-3 pounds for 3 months now, and get very discouraged sometimes. I just had my 5th fill last week, though, and I'm hopeful that this will do the trick.

Sometimes I feel like I deliberately eat bad food to stop the weight loss, but I sure as hell don't know why.

((((((((((((((((JHawk))))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. You've been such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for posting. I look forward for seeing your "new rear" photos when you get that swimsuit on!

xo

Oh yeah my motivation is soo day to day!! Some days I can push through it and eat well and exercise but then there are times when it just isn't happening, but I try to push myself through it every day.

I do best when I have something coming up soon to work towards. I am running in a race first weekend of June and since it is a month away it has given me more motivation. Had the same thing before my birthday, HS reunion, and other races. If I find small things to work towards it really helps. After the race in June i'm headed to the lake in August so that will help me get my rear in gear the thought of a swimsuit around all my skinny mini friends.

Just know we all go through it! :)

(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Jill)))))))))))))))))))))))

Oatmeal Breakfast Squares are manufactured by Nestle and sold at Jenny Craig. When I decided to get the lapband I never saw myself doing a formal food program like Jenny Craig again, but after almost a year of being banded I realized that everyones needs are a little bit different, and the best solution for me, right now, is to let a pre committed menu guide my healthy choices.

I'm working on my weight loss mindset...and my eating patters. Thank god for the band, it's an amazing tool and I don't even want to think of where I'd be without it.

I've been looking at myself to try and figure out what it is about Onderland that derails me year after year after year. I may never find the solution, but I am finally in a place where I refuse to go another year without over coming it.

xo

They sound really good--I don't know if you can buy Jenny Craig food without being on the program, but I'll check it out.

I'm with you on Onderland--I'm not even close, but I am determined to get there.