no car!!

so my car broke down over the weekend... i usually stop at the gym on my way home. do cardio for an hour and go home... now that i'm taking public transportation the gym is really out of my way... like 3 miles the other way. soo... i thought of a plan... im going home and jumping on my bike and heading out to the gym... :ph34r: i just hope im not too tired to work out when i get there. can anyone recommend any work out routines i should do? being that i already biked 3 miles to get there? keep in mind, my usual routine was 30 min eliptical (2.5 miles) and 30 min fast pace walking on the treadmill on steep incline. thanx wish me luck!

hm. i don't even own a car!

LOL!

Everywhere I go is based on walking, running or cycling.

that's awesome... i hope i can get used to this fast... i'm so used to driving everywhere (i guess that doesn't help the fact that im over weight) im planning on not buying a car for the rest of the year... i'll be able to save and buy myself a nice car and and STILL continue to use my bike. i'm starting today.

Get creative with your workouts - get out and run/walk or ride your bike. Also, not sue what cable provider you have but I have Directv and I have FitTV and I DVR a show called All Star Work Outs and do those now and again when I am not feeling like going to the gym. When I was super broke and couldn't afford the gym, I would put on one of the music stations on my cable and just dance my pants off! My neighbors if they could have seen me would have thought I was nuts, but it was a great workout and fun!!!

Get creative with your workouts - get out and run/walk or ride your bike. Also, not sue what cable provider you have but I have Directv and I have FitTV and I DVR a show called All Star Work Outs and do those now and again when I am not feeling like going to the gym. When I was super broke and couldn't afford the gym, I would put on one of the music stations on my cable and just dance my pants off! My neighbors if they could have seen me would have thought I was nuts, but it was a great workout and fun!!!

THREAD JACK! lol I got a Dance DVD....I feel like such a tard doing it...I know I will get better, but let me tell ya what....it is a work out. I was carrying my 2 yr old while dancing....it was great! Sweat was deff there!

THREAD JACK! lol I got a Dance DVD....I feel like such a tard doing it...I know I will get better, but let me tell ya what....it is a work out. I was carrying my 2 yr old while dancing....it was great! Sweat was deff there!

When i'm in my house I just don't even care and dance my tail off!!! That is the nice thing all I have is the dog staring at me like i'm nuts!! :)

Thanks for the tip! I have DirecTV also, but never heard of All Star Workouts. I checked the DVR and there it was! I'm going to give the cardio/strength training series a try!

Thanks for the tip! I have DirecTV also, but never heard of All Star Workouts. I checked the DVR and there it was! I'm going to give the cardio/strength training series a try!

I found it on our DVR too!

Thanks,

Sherri