What I have learned since being banded...

:ph34r: What I have learned since being banded...

1.--The band is a tool, like a hammer, if your don't use it right it won't work...

2.--I cut meat up very small.

3.--Barbeque sause can be your friend.

4.--Use a baby fork so you can't shovel food in fast.

5.--Carry a zip lock baggie in your car or purse for those emergency PBing episodes.

6.--If you follow the rules, you will succeed!!!!

7.--If you ignore the rules and think the band is a majic tool and you will automatically going to lose weight your cheating yourself. :ph34r::blink:

8.--Be careful of those that want to shuve food in your face...Grandma's etc

9.--You can make a meal out of veggies and be satisfied. :lol:

10.-Your body can live off of wayyyy less food than you ever dreamed of...

11.-Get a dog, its a excuse to walk...or a necessity...

12.-You look at your life in a different way as you lose weight. The future begins to look brighter!

13.-As you lose weight, you do more, you feel lighter, your self esteem improves, you feel more sexy...

14.-I usually know where all the bathrooms are in a public place, just incase! :unsure:

15.-I reread Dr. Ortiz's book over and over. Keeps the inspiration going.

16.-I know I can't eat a whole meal until later in the evening. Band is tight in the AM...

17.-Crystal lite is one of my staples in life. Plain water is nasty!

18.-Its ok to lose slowly, I didn't gain this weight over night...

19.-Try not to make, "taking that one last bite" a habit...Constant PBing may cause a slipped band... :blink:

20.-I have made new friendship from this site, honest non biased, true reply's...My band has opened up relationships, helped my life, my self esteem...I am sure there is more that I have learned..Please add to this list... :wub:

Kim

• Like 2

All awesome!! Another one for ya - don't get attached to a pair of pants. It won't be long until they don't fit anymore! I only buy stuff at like TJ Max and places where I can get it cheap b/c they don't last long! I'll only lose 1 more size if that so now I can go back to my other stores, but before it was getting too expensive!

:ph34r: What I have learned since being banded...

1.--The band is a tool, like a hammer, if your don't use it right it won't work...

2.--I cut meat up very small.

3.--Barbeque sause can be your friend.

4.--Use a baby fork so you can't shovel food in fast.

5.--Carry a zip lock baggie in your car or purse for those emergency PBing episodes.

6.--If you follow the rules, you will succeed!!!!

7.--If you ignore the rules and think the band is a majic tool and you will automatically going to lose weight your cheating yourself. :ph34r::blink:

8.--Be careful of those that want to shuve food in your face...Grandma's etc

9.--You can make a meal out of veggies and be satisfied. :lol:

10.-Your body can live off of wayyyy less food than you ever dreamed of...

11.-Get a dog, its a excuse to walk...or a necessity...

12.-You look at your life in a different way as you lose weight. The future begins to look brighter!

13.-As you lose weight, you do more, you feel lighter, your self esteem improves, you feel more sexy...

14.-I usually know where all the bathrooms are in a public place, just incase! :unsure:

15.-I reread Dr. Ortiz's book over and over. Keeps the inspiration going.

16.-I know I can't eat a whole meal until later in the evening. Band is tight in the AM...

17.-Crystal lite is one of my staples in life. Plain water is nasty!

18.-Its ok to lose slowly, I didn't gain this weight over night...

19.-Try not to make, "taking that one last bite" a habit...Constant PBing may cause a slipped band... :blink:

20.-I have made new friendship from this site, honest non biased, true reply's...My band has opened up relationships, helped my life, my self esteem...I am sure there is more that I have learned..Please add to this list... :wub:

Kim

Great Post! You have written down the rules to live by after being banded. Then what jhawkchick75 wrote is a goal that hopefully I will soon be able to say. I have tightened my belt to the point of needing to buy a new one so that is my next purhcase.

I especially like the number 18. You are so right about not gaining the weight over night.

Thanks for the special post!

What a great post! Its inspirational to those of us who are just starting on this journey! I'm going to print out a copy myself.

Thanks,

Debbie