1st Fill Scheduled for May 18th, 2010

Greetings to all,

I am scheduled for my first fill on the 18th of May. It will have been about 8 weeks since surgery. I have had days when it seems I can eat almost anything, but other days I have to be very careful. I guess I just want to know how different bansters knew when it was time for a fill. I do want to go to OCC in order to make sure everything is in the right place and doing what it is intended to do...but fill? I guess the doctor will be able to tell me after telling him about the foods I eat and the amount of weight loss. I realize everyone is different, but I really don't know if I need a fill. I would like to lose weight faster...but then again, I want to do this right.

If anyone has any information and/or suggestions, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and encouragement in the past. Hope all is going well for all of you!

All My Best

Apprehenisve

Hey there, sounds like all is going well with you - I'm impressed by your progress! I've lost 25#, hit a set point and am trying not to be discouraged. Had my first fill 5/1, took 3cc. I can feel restriction when I eat too big a bite, don't chew enough, or eat too fast - but if I take it easy I can still eat just about anything so am contemplating second fill - Dr So said to wait two months (sigh!!) (but that gives me time to shop for decent airfare from NC.) He said most folks take 2 or 3 fills. They don't weigh you at OCC when you go in for a fill so don't sweat that, hubby came with me and he was able to watch the process, I was in and out in under 30 minutes. They do say no solids 24 hrs after fill - One of these days I am going to go to San Diego and be able to EAT!!!

Hey there, sounds like all is going well with you - I'm impressed by your progress! I've lost 25#, hit a set point and am trying not to be discouraged. Had my first fill 5/1, took 3cc. I can feel restriction when I eat too big a bite, don't chew enough, or eat too fast - but if I take it easy I can still eat just about anything so am contemplating second fill - Dr So said to wait two months (sigh!!) (but that gives me time to shop for decent airfare from NC.) He said most folks take 2 or 3 fills. They don't weigh you at OCC when you go in for a fill so don't sweat that, hubby came with me and he was able to watch the process, I was in and out in under 30 minutes. They do say no solids 24 hrs after fill - One of these days I am going to go to San Diego and be able to EAT!!!

Hello Karenci,

Thanks for the information. I see you are doing quite well too. I know what you mean about going to San Diego and being able to eat....from what I hear, this fill (first one) is the only one where you can not have no solid foods for a while....I want so bad to be able to have some of the Mexican foods I enjoy so well.

Glad to hear from you. I often wonder about how you are doing with this new lapband. I leave tomorrow morning but this time we are staying at the Lucerna. We are also going to stay one extra day just to make sure this works properly and to be able to have some R&R while we are down there.

Please keep in touch and let me know how your success is panning out.

Thanks Again!

Greetings to all,

I am scheduled for my first fill on the 18th of May. It will have been about 8 weeks since surgery. I have had days when it seems I can eat almost anything, but other days I have to be very careful. I guess I just want to know how different bansters knew when it was time for a fill. I do want to go to OCC in order to make sure everything is in the right place and doing what it is intended to do...but fill? I guess the doctor will be able to tell me after telling him about the foods I eat and the amount of weight loss. I realize everyone is different, but I really don't know if I need a fill. I would like to lose weight faster...but then again, I want to do this right.

If anyone has any information and/or suggestions, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and encouragement in the past. Hope all is going well for all of you!

All My Best

Apprehenisve

Appy Good Luck on the first fill. Please let me know how it goes. I get my first fill on June 4. Have you had any PBing? I have had 1 hard one and 1 easy one. I still feel good and have not lost my resolve. TC Kevin (RCR)

Appy Good Luck on the first fill. Please let me know how it goes. I get my first fill on June 4. Have you had any PBing? I have had 1 hard one and 1 easy one. I still feel good and have not lost my resolve. TC Kevin (RCR)

Hello Kevin,

I too have had a few PBing episodes. Actually there have been three. The first was just white foamy junk, no food but I had to leave the dining area and go outside. The second one was my fault...I just ate too fast. The third one was a bit confusing to me because I thought I was following the rules of chewing and eating slowly. None of these were very intense but they got my attention.

I will let you know what the fill is like. I suspect it will be one of these...try and see type things.

Thank you for the good wishes and please keep me posted as to your success. Looks like you have done pretty well too.

Thanks Again,

Appy

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I'm in the same boat now that you were in and I really hope you'll be able to help guide me based on your experience. I am 6 weeks post surgery and am on a nice roll with a healthy diet and plenty of exercise. I'm happy losing my 1-2 lbs. per week and wonder if I really have to have a fill at all right now since I'm progressing with my weightloss without the fill. I keep my portions under control (plus it's all healthy foods) but I wonder if by eating more than a "palm-sized" meal I'm unknowingly stretching out the band, causing potential future slippage, or harming my stomach?? I realize at some point in my life, I'll probably need to go get that fill when I'm in need of an intervention of sorts... but in the meantime, is it ok to go without the fill? Can I do harm by not limiting the quantity of food I'm eating even without a fill? BTW, I always feel great after eating... have never had any problems.

I appreciate all the feedback! What a wonderful support system! :)

Greetings to all,

All My Best

Apprehenisve

Hello! It's great to hear how everyone is doing! I had my first fill about three weeks ago, I only had 1.5 cc's and doing great. "Jellyfishin" every now and then but try to avoid it if possible.

I am now down 40lbs (as of last friday) don't know about this week how I'll do, didn't know ice cream cake would do so well with a lapband (only one slice, but a nice slice). I think i am eating bad sometimes, but get on the scale and still losing! woohoo! As long as I can still fudge on something i really like now and then, I am happy!

Good luck to everyone, I think we are all doing amazingly well......let's keep up the good work!!!! Talk to you soon!

What does jellyfishing mean? I haven't had my first fill yet and am still unsure if I'll get it when I'm supposed to in a week or two... doing well without all of the "side effects" of restriction. "If it ain't broke, why fix it" is what I'm thinking at this point in time...

Hello! It's great to hear how everyone is doing! I had my first fill about three weeks ago, I only had 1.5 cc's and doing great. "Jellyfishin" every now and then but try to avoid it if possible.

I am now down 40lbs (as of last friday) don't know about this week how I'll do, didn't know ice cream cake would do so well with a lapband (only one slice, but a nice slice). I think i am eating bad sometimes, but get on the scale and still losing! woohoo! As long as I can still fudge on something i really like now and then, I am happy!

Good luck to everyone, I think we are all doing amazingly well......let's keep up the good work!!!! Talk to you soon!