31 lbs gone forever....

Slowly, the weight is coming off...I think I have found my sweet spot...It took a year to get there...I have lost more weight in these last few months than in my entire first year.

If you think your to tight, your probably right. I think for the first year I thought that tighter was better..NO NO NO... Took out one tiny .5cc and it has made the world of diffference. Its a mind game that we all play with ourselves...If you are to tight and not losing, remove some fluid...and let he weight come off...Dr. Ortiz knows what he is talking about!!

Happy Bander here...

Kim :wub:

Slowly, the weight is coming off...I think I have found my sweet spot...It took a year to get there...I have lost more weight in these last few months than in my entire first year.

If you think your to tight, your probably right. I think for the first year I thought that tighter was better..NO NO NO... Took out one tiny .5cc and it has made the world of diffference. Its a mind game that we all play with ourselves...If you are to tight and not losing, remove some fluid...and let he weight come off...Dr. Ortiz knows what he is talking about!!

Happy Bander here...

Kim wub.gif

Hey Kim! Great job on the WL!!! Woo hoo!

Congrats and keep up the great work!!!! You will be at goal before you know it!!!!

• 1 month later...

I really appreciate your post. I got to my sweet spot fairly soon after I started getting fills and the weight had consistently been coming off. And even though it was coming off - granted slowly - like 1-2 lbs per weeks - my mentality was, if a little fill is good, more is better.

Your post kind of reconfirmed with me about my unhealthy way of viewing weight and food. It's been 4 months since my surgery and although the band has forced me to deal with my overeating issues, it seems like the obsession just passed from food to how tight I could live with my band.

Luckily - I have a good fill doctor. When I called and told her that I wanted to get MORE of a fill she asked some important questions to me like, are you able to eat more than a cup of food (answer no), was I able to pass food without restriction (again my answer was no), but I told her the weight wasn't coming off as fast as I'd like. And she said, this is more of a mental thing at this point. The band IS doing the job it's supposed to do and tightening it to a point where you won't be able to eat ANYTHING is going to halt your progress.

She's right. When I started paying more mind as to what I was eating, how many calories I was "drinking" on a daily basis I began losing a little bit more. Enough to keep me satisfied. I'm glad I have a good fill doctor that isn't just in it for the money but also realizes that she's working with someone that has and "obsessive" behavior problem in the first place.

I continue to learn lessons from this band about myself and the messed up ways that my mind has programmed to view weight, weightloss, and food.

Happy Bander here...

Thanks for your post. I have had 2 fills and have been debating whether to get another one. From the guidelines you said I think I need another one. I have not lost weight and can definitely eat more than 1/2 cup at a time with no problem. Thanks for the encouragement

Happy Bander here...

Great post. You are looking good woman

Debbie

Hi all,

I enjoyed this thread and it is very timely. I am pretty much at a plateau which I knew would hit. This is the lowest weight I have been for 20 years and my body just ain't given it up. I have added more exercise and was thinking of another fill..still might, I too can eat more than 1/2 c food at a time. But, then again the cloths sizes are going down, I do feel restriction, especially in the morning..just tried an egg white wrap --oh that's a No--than I have added the stress of a new job which has thrown off my routine and added major stress until I get it down..so I'm thinking this all has to do with the stall. So, I may give myself another month to settle in and see what happens. Good things: I am not overeating, not eating to the point of nausea, learning to deal with emotions or I get slammed by the band, still working on meal issues..meat is just not my thing but then I don't get enough protein need higher protein veggies...and I get tired..anyway this is changing my life, is slowly...thanks again for the input.