Sip, Sip, Sipping how much??

DebbieB

Hi,

I keep reading about sip, sip, sipping and I'm wondering how things work with water and drinking as much as we need. I am an avid water drinker and since getting off of the liquid diet I haven't really had much restriction at all. I am not sure if I'm supposed to be sipping water or is it okay to drink a lot at one time. I know that liquids will go through but if I drink 2 cups of water after I've had a fill, is that going to go right through or will it cause problems with the pouch since its so much water at once? I am SO used to just guzzling my water, especially if I am hot or exercising. I love how I can come on this website and really get great answers from people who have been through it all and really 'know' how things work. I am certainly a work in progress and I'm looking forward to continuing my journey especially after my first fill.

Debbie

Great post Debbie.....I am a guzzler too, but have learned to slow it down MOST OF THE TIME.....I am a work in progress too! So here is what I know about water. It is awesome you are already programed to drink water! 3 cheers for you. Something to keep in mind, think about how heavy water can be and the pressure of water on the band while it is hitting your stoma and passing through the band. That is why we shouldn't be downing a 24 oz bottle of water in a few guzzles after working out. I still take big drinks....but I have really toned it down....

I'd keep in mind the pressure and go from there. I am not a sipper.

HTH

Angie

With my current restriction, drinking water is tricky, and i've had to stop from being the guzzler.

once you get your first, second .. etc fills, and you start to feel restriction, you'll know - it's different for everyone, but for the first half a year, I had little to no restriction, and could literally drink freely. Enjoy it while you can! ;)

Hi,

I keep reading about sip, sip, sipping and I'm wondering how things work with water and drinking as much as we need. I am an avid water drinker and since getting off of the liquid diet I haven't really had much restriction at all. I am not sure if I'm supposed to be sipping water or is it okay to drink a lot at one time. I know that liquids will go through but if I drink 2 cups of water after I've had a fill, is that going to go right through or will it cause problems with the pouch since its so much water at once? I am SO used to just guzzling my water, especially if I am hot or exercising. I love how I can come on this website and really get great answers from people who have been through it all and really 'know' how things work. I am certainly a work in progress and I'm looking forward to continuing my journey especially after my first fill.

Debbie

Thank you for asking the question, and thanks to the responders. I am also a "guzzler" and have been drinking a lot of water quickly since I've been back on solids (I really miss drinking water with my meals). I'm going to try to slow it down so I won't be shocked after my first fill. I can't say that I feel much restriction so far, but the band has given me hope: I'm actually sticking to healthy eating and (a little) exercise!