Lapband Surgery - Eating

My surgey is onJune 4 and I am wondering where I can eat pre and post surgery. I fly in on June 3 by myself and will need to have a protein sdhake on this day and broth after the surgery. Where do I go and What do I do.... Help!

My surgey is onJune 4 and I am wondering where I can eat pre and post surgery. I fly in on June 3 by myself and will need to have a protein sdhake on this day and broth after the surgery. Where do I go and What do I do.... Help!

YOUR HOTEL WILL HAVE RESTAURANTS WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND THERE'S LOCAL STORES YOU CAN WALK TO

CONGRATULATIONS :)

I stayed at the Marriott and there is this nice little restaurant about 2 blocks from it. It's in the shape of a sombrero. We ate there the night before my surgery and it was wonderful. The broth at the hotel was ok MOST of the time after surgery but I've read on here that the sombrero restaurant has great broth too. There's a picture around here somewhere of it. I might even have one in my gallery. I had the chicken fajita and my mom had a TO DIE FOR Filet Mignon - it was melt in your mouth good and about $16 maybe? If I ever go back down there, we're hitting that place again! :)

you cannot eat anything after midnight. Nothing in the AM before surgery. I brought bottle water, some crystal lite, gas x strips. You could bring a protein shake. They really want you on liquids only after surgery.

I hope that helps

Kim :wub:

The Lucerna provided everything I needed. They have a special menu for OCC patients - at no charge for you! Plenty of juice and chicken broth - they'll even bring it to your room if you're not in the mood to go to the restaurant.

I also stayed at the Lucerna. my "final meal" the night before surgery was ceviche, it was delicious! but they have other yummy things on the free menu, fajitas, tacos, etc. Everything we had was pretty tasty. Just make sure you have your final meal early in the evening, try to be done by 8p at the latest. After the surgery you can continue ordering off the OCC menu (you have to ask for that special menu when being seated) and they will offer you broth juice tea or water. Your travelmate however continues to eat like a king or queen :)

i found room service to be very speedy and efficient, it felt faster than waiting in the restaurant.

I broughts some bullion granules - NOT the cubes with me. My travel was a good days travel and the airports are not clear liquid friendly.

I also brought crystal light on the go packets that came in very handy. I didn't want to spend any cash on food and save my money on fun items to bring home. Which I did. I packed light so I had room for my gifts in my carry on. Which was damn heavy and difficult for me to lift above my head after surgery....

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with the protein shakes ect, there will be rest you can eat at. We had something light and simple the night before.

I broughts some bullion granules - NOT the cubes with me. My travel was a good days travel and the airports are not clear liquid friendly.

I also brought crystal light on the go packets that came in very handy. I didn't want to spend any cash on food and save my money on fun items to bring home. Which I did. I packed light so I had room for my gifts in my carry on. Which was damn heavy and difficult for me to lift above my head after surgery....

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with the protein shakes ect, there will be rest you can eat at. We had something light and simple the night before.

what can I eat near the Mariott for my last meal???

Good luck on your big day!!! I stayed in San Diego the night before so i'm no help we had some really good seafood. They put me through a day early so I probably ate way more than I should have the night before but I didn't know i'd be going in a day early at the time. Stayed at Lucerna and the broth was great. The bullion made me want to gag so except for the Lucerna broth until I got home I stayed on gatorade and special k20 water. Once home I drained soup and just drank the juice.

Have a great trip is is a piece of cake!!

Good luck on your big day!!! I stayed in San Diego the night before so i'm no help we had some really good seafood. They put me through a day early so I probably ate way more than I should have the night before but I didn't know i'd be going in a day early at the time. Stayed at Lucerna and the broth was great. The bullion made me want to gag so except for the Lucerna broth until I got home I stayed on gatorade and special k20 water. Once home I drained soup and just drank the juice.

Have a great trip is is a piece of cake!!

Thanks so much for your post. And to everyone else as well. I am here at the Mariott and I think I may have lyed in the sun o long! lets hope not!