Jello 5 calories, popsicles 15, benefiber 15, I am confused!?

I know we were told unlimited greens, and that we could have sugar free popsicles and jello however the lowest calorie jello I could find was 5 calories, and popsicles 15 calories so my question is are we still allowed to eat this? I guess I assumed they needed to be 0 calorie and their were none with 0 calories. I even read the label on the benefiber (single drink mix packets) and it has 15 calories!!I also can barely stomach the salad it tastes sooo plain and disgusting and I don't want to put very much dressing because it's a calorie each spray and I feel like I'd need 15 to get some flavor any tips or suggestions anyone can share?

• Like 1

Zero calorie jello doesn't exist - remember that even artificial sweetener DOES have calories.

But yes, all of those choices are fine!

As for the spray dressings - they're full of chemicals.

Just go with vinegar (balsamic is my fav) with a 1 TBSP of flax oil or olive oil. That's all you need for dressing, plus, you'll get getting in a healthy fat, which will help with your energy levels during low carb dieting.

Zero calorie jello doesn't exist - remember that even artificial sweetener DOES have calories.

But yes, all of those choices are fine!

As for the spray dressings - they're full of chemicals.

Just go with vinegar (balsamic is my fav) with a 1 TBSP of flax oil or olive oil. That's all you need for dressing, plus, you'll get getting in a healthy fat, which will help with your energy levels during low carb dieting.

Thank you for the reply and suggestions, I will go get vinegar and oil and see if it helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I know we were told unlimited greens, and that we could have sugar free popsicles and jello however the lowest calorie jello I could find was 5 calories, and popsicles 15 calories so my question is are we still allowed to eat this? I guess I assumed they needed to be 0 calorie and their were none with 0 calories. I even read the label on the benefiber (single drink mix packets) and it has 15 calories!!I also can barely stomach the salad it tastes sooo plain and disgusting and I don't want to put very much dressing because it's a calorie each spray and I feel like I'd need 15 to get some flavor any tips or suggestions anyone can share?

I am being banded the day before you. I have not started my pre op diet yet. I thought I would start july 1st, but am getting getting prepared.