Getting back on track

Hi all, Well the big family reunion has been over for 3 days now. While I certainly had fun with them, mealtimes sucked. I guess I don't have a very good repertoire of foods to eat. I know you all know that there is always a ton of food at these things and it is very hard not to indulge yourself. Well needless to say I did not workout the days prior to there arrival do to painting the deck, shampooing the carpets, mowing the lawn, putting on a storm door etc. I now have zippo energy and generally am not motivated to do much. It is strange cause before I had my fill I had a lot of energy.

Oh yeah I forgot to post my fill. I went down to the OCC on the 4th and got 2.6 cc fill from Dr So. I stayed at the Marriott for some reason even though I asked to stay at the Lucerna. I went down to Revolution Ave and got some Cuban cigars and went back to the hotel and relaxed. I got up at 5 and left for the airport at 7. I met several people going back to Alabama after surgery. I hope you are all doing well. It was a breeze coming back across the border. It only took about 20 minutes even though one guy left his passport at home.

Where did all my energy go and can you give some food advise. I work swing shift and at a prison so you can imagine that I have very limited food options there. Any crock pot recipes would be nice or any others I can prepare in advance would also be greatly appreciated. TC all RCR.

Kevin - make sure you are taking your vitamins. Check into some Vit B-12 sublingual tabs. That will help with the energy. Plus make sure you are hydrating yourself.....drink drink drink!

Find you juju and get back to the exercise you were doing. Walking or something. Do it! Get back to moving, if you don't it WILL have an impact on your WL. I did not get off my arse for the first stretch and I will tell you from first hand experience it will make a huge difference! So your stamina is down, it will come back.

Here are some are a few you tube sights that have a good amount of recipes. Check them out. Rocky's page will have them in with her other videos...

Let me know if you want more resources and I will dig up some more.....I did these quick for ya while I was eating my lunch. Some are not crockpot, but good to package and freeze for meals.

Glad to have you back and sounds like the gathering was a good time!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PouchFriendly

http://www.youtube.com/user/rockybarragan

Tamale Cups

White Bean Chicken Chili - 50# Contest Entry

</SPAN>

Fish soup

My Cioppino</SPAN>

Very Veggie Mini Frittatas

Tipton Pizza Soup</SPAN>

Tomato Pie</SPAN>

Enchilada Pie</SPAN>

Hi,

Learning to be able to live with the band at parties has been one of my best successes. I have had about 4 graduations, two holidays, and two showers since March. I have gone to each of these with the mind set that I will only eat what I really like and only enough to satisfy me. With this in mind I managed to forgo my usual mindless eating and successfully managed not to overeat..one of the many new gifts from my band. Now I just had my second fill on Monday and have entered a whole new level of ristriction...this week has been a bit interesting because some food is no longer compatible with my band and new level of restriction. Whole wheat bread being one of them. I have been researching WLS surgery with some new books and other sites because I too was having problems my last fill with energy levels. What I learned is I needed vitamins, which I have now added, and my protein level was not at the recommended level for me, another energy sapping problem. Also, the water thing is huge..both my MD and Cardio Doc have been on me to drink more water..which I have also added. Since this time, about a month, I feel a whole lot better. I have also added walking two miles three times a week to work, and my water aerobics two times a week, along with my morning Yoga stretch. I did not add the exercise until my flagging energy was back on track..it seems like so much to remember everyday but so worth it in the end..Good Luck!