Help....I do not feel any restriction

Sherri

I finished my Post Op diet on Wednesday and do not feel any type of restriction at all... I have gained three pounds in the last three days. I can eat anything without an problem, bread, rice, steak etc. I am trying to eat less than I did before my surgery but I am starving from being on the post op diet for three weeks.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Yes, I didn't have any restriction at all either. You just need to watch it. After my first fill I didn't have any restriction either. I just had my second fill and it was too much.

Now, I have too much restriction and can't eat without pain. Going back to the OCC on Tuesday to have some taken out. On liquids until then. I know I thought I would just put the lap band

on and it would work. You need to get a couple of fills before it really kicks in!

Hello,

As many bansters have stated on one thread or another, restriction after surgery isn't often felt except for when healing around the band due to the swelling. I found this to be true. I also didn't feel much after my first fill. Three weeks ago I had my second fill and can feel some restriction, and I am definitely eating less, still not 1/3. The rules are really important to follow. I notice I feel fuller when I eat my protein first, and the whole liquid thing needs to be followed as well. The key is you still have to make good healthy food choices and exercise. What I have noticed is that I can "live" with a growling stomach, when before it was pretty uncomfortable. Now I look at the distant rumbles and the band doing its job and me doing mine..good luck, its a learning curve.

Michele, I just talked to Dr So and he said since I am not feeling any restriction after my surgery then he will be more aggressive at my first fill. I need to remember to eat my protein first. Thanks for the reminder.

I am craving breads and sweets and I find them very hard to resist. Maybe after I have my fill they will be something I will not be able to tolerate and that will stop me.

I am not much of a meat eater and need to find some protein foods that sound good to me.

Thanks so much for the reply.

Sherri

Yes, I didn't have any restriction at all either. You just need to watch it. After my first fill I didn't have any restriction either. I just had my second fill and it was too much.

Now, I have too much restriction and can't eat without pain. Going back to the OCC on Tuesday to have some taken out. On liquids until then. I know I thought I would just put the lap band

on and it would work. You need to get a couple of fills before it really kicks in!

Good luck on your fill tomorrow. Hopefully it will be just the right amount for you!

Sherri

Hi Sherri,

Hope you finding your way. I too do not like meat and have found tofu, eggs, cheese, beans, fish, and if I have to chicken. I have really worked hard at bringing up my protein because it does help with the hunger. I used to crave warm yummy bread but have found lower carb versions which work out ok. Once you wean yourself off all the "dough" you will find it easier. However, if I find I just have to have bread I have a small amount..more makes the band/stomach unhappy as you may find when you get another fill...Keep in touch.