How is good restriction supposed to feel?

Hi,

I just got my second fill and I'm up to 8.0cc's. I'm having a lot of pain eating. It's almost like I feel pain in my upper back when the food is going down. I know I'm too tight. I'm going back to

the OCC on Tuesday to get some taken out. I can't live like this and I'm freaked out to try to eat anything solid. When you do have good restriction do you feel any pain at all or do you just get full really quickly?

Thanks!

Heidi

Hi,

I just got my second fill and I'm up to 8.0cc's. I'm having a lot of pain eating. It's almost like I feel pain in my upper back when the food is going down. I know I'm too tight. I'm going back to

the OCC on Tuesday to get some taken out. I can't live like this and I'm freaked out to try to eat anything solid. When you do have good restriction do you feel any pain at all or do you just get full really quickly?

Thanks!

Heidi

Hi Heidi,

Your discomfort seems to be a bit much. I have only had one fill (4.0cc's) and I don't feel that much restriction...sometimes, I think I might need to have another fill. I guess it is the time of day for me regarding when the restriction is sometimes not as great as others. With you having pain in the back, I would think that it is a sign of an overfill. Glad you are going back to have it checked out. I do know, that a few days, maybe longer...after a fill, you feel more restriction. Dr. Ortiz has a video about fills and what to expect. Have you seen those? Check them out and maybe they will answer some questions you have.

Good Luck with your journey back to OCC. Let us know what was decided when you return.

Appy

Hi everyone. I just had my second fill as well, saturday morning, and im not experiencing pain, but a wierd cramp type feeling on my left side.

Last night around 7pm i went to a taqueria and got a steak taco. the meat was chopped very fine and i got it down no problem. but once i felt full, i stopped eating, but later that evening i noticed the sharp cramp type feeling in my side. it was not a full feeling, but a sharp feeling when i take in deep breaths. i had tea before bed, and when i finally went to bed at midnight i still felt the sharp cramp feeling.

its now 930a the next morning and i still feel it. what is that? has anyone else experienced that? is that "fullness" or is that something else entirely? i have a feeling its somethign else, because its morning now and i do feel hungry. im ready for breakfast but worried something is up? could it be irritation/inflamation from the fill?

any suggestions/advice/whatever would be very welcomed.

I had my first fill on Saturday morning (must have missed you when I was there) and I also felt the pain in the right side that night. I am chalking it up to gas pains. It went away and wasn't anything crippling or anything. It could also occur if you are dehydrated. (at least that is what my google searching over the last month has taught me.) :-)

what time was ur appt? i was sitting in the waiting room from 830a til after ten.

I feel ok today -- I think you're right, I think its just built up gas in my stomach. I noticed that the hurtin really kicked in when I had some yogurt. For breakfast I had eggs and cheese and that made me hurt too. Today I had tomato soup for lunch, stewed chicken for dinner, a handful of blueberries and some peanut butter and zero pain. I think Ive always been lactose intolerant but could burp and be fine, its the band that wont let me burp hence the extreme discomfort.

At least Im hoping its this and not something more serious. Ill be watching it this week, playing with different types of food, see what hurts the tummy or not.

Now I feel a little less worried and can get to the business of celebrating the fact that I have lost 50% of my excess weight, as of Monday! Woohoo!

You should not feel pain when you have proper restriction as long as you are eating the proper foods and chewing them properly. Although, on occasion I must admit that something may surprise you, but this should be a rare occurence.

When you have proper restriction you feel a normal fullness after eating about a cup of food. There is a nerve with a medical name at the top of your pouch which is what signals your brain that you are full and it works the same whether you are banded or not, it is just that it kicks in sooner with much less food on a banded person.

As a side and not a need by any means to know I have good restriction, sometimes after drinking or eating I get a sound like a clogged drain finally breaking loose and draining right in the area of my band once everything has gone thru. Luckily I have only heard it at home so hopefully no one else has heard it in public. One girl I know of describes it as her band being musical, but I cannot bring myself to think of my band as being musical.