Good news / Bad news

Had my second fill @ OCC on Saturday. I now have 8ccs in a 11cc band.

The good news: As of Monday, I've entered ONEderland, for the first time since high school. Woohoo! And I also hit the half-way mark for reaching my goal.

The bad news: I am having some pretty serious discomfort. I am not getting stuck, sliming, PBing, etc but I am having this wierd stabby feeling in my side.

I think its gas, but Ive never felt such discomfort from gas before. I had a yogurt last night and man, it felt like a balloon in my gut. Really uncomfortable. I was walking hunched over bc standing up straight and taking deep breaths really hurt. I ate some Tums and the discomfort decreased but didnt totally go away. Ive always assumed I was lactose intolerant, but it usually just results in a little extra gas, no biggie. I love dairy/cheese/yogurt too much to care. But now im wondering if since I had my fill I cant tolerate dairy anymore?

Has anyone experienced this? Could it just be irritation from the fill? Should I do liquids??? In your opinion, might I need an unfill?

Any and all support experiences suggestions whatever you've got is welcome.. I want to be excited about all the weight ive lost, onederland, having lost 50% of my excess weight, etc but I am too worried to feel happy.

thanks.

Had my second fill @ OCC on Saturday. I now have 8ccs in a 11cc band.

The good news: As of Monday, I've entered ONEderland, for the first time since high school. Woohoo! And I also hit the half-way mark for reaching my goal.

The bad news: I am having some pretty serious discomfort. I am not getting stuck, sliming, PBing, etc but I am having this wierd stabby feeling in my side.

I think its gas, but Ive never felt such discomfort from gas before. I had a yogurt last night and man, it felt like a balloon in my gut. Really uncomfortable. I was walking hunched over bc standing up straight and taking deep breaths really hurt. I ate some Tums and the discomfort decreased but didnt totally go away. Ive always assumed I was lactose intolerant, but it usually just results in a little extra gas, no biggie. I love dairy/cheese/yogurt too much to care. But now im wondering if since I had my fill I cant tolerate dairy anymore?

Has anyone experienced this? Could it just be irritation from the fill? Should I do liquids??? In your opinion, might I need an unfill?

Any and all support experiences suggestions whatever you've got is welcome.. I want to be excited about all the weight ive lost, onederland, having lost 50% of my excess weight, etc but I am too worried to feel happy.

thanks.

Food for thought....if you are lactose intolerant, and have felt gas pressure before with dairy, having the band can make it worse. To me it sounds like gas is going down through your system....not so much up in burps. Gas x strips or beano may help....not sure. Is it with all foods or just dairy???

Yeah the first meal I had after my fill was guacamole and chips and had no discomfort there. THe first meal that bothered me had cheese in it. The next meal had cheese too... and then the yogurt. So Im not going to have any dairy today and see how I feel. I still feel a bit funky but not as bad as last night.

I had about four gasx strips last night didnt help much, but the Tums did help some. Maybe dairy is just something I have to give up, as a side effect of being banded?

Also.. I have the persistent feeling like there is a pill stuck in the back of my throat. Wierd, cuz its almost 11am and i havent eaten anything solid for at least 15 hours. Do you ever get that feeling?

I had the golf ball sensation in the back of my throat once....it felt icky. Try sipping on some hot tea, or coffee. Warm liquids help open your band. Sounds like you have tight restriction. If you feel any reflux, it may be wise to get a tinsy wincy unfill.

Sounds like dairy is your nemisis. It causes you to much gas and discomfort. I know there is a product you can purchase over the counter to help aid in the digestion of dairy. Don't ask me what it is called....your pharmacist would know though. I would take it if you are going to have dairy....