Advice from all of you!

I have been considering the lap band for some time, and now within the last few weeks have decided to go for it. Can you give me your honest thoughts and opinions on the OCC, your experience, the process, do you think it's truly helped? I've seen some really great success stories and then others don't seem like they have lost as much as I would think. Just trying to make sure this is the best decision at the right place. Thank you so much now for all of your thoughts! I think sometimes this is the BEST way to make decisions, hearing from all of you

Being out over a year, I would have to say that the sleeve would have been a better choice for me. Don't get me wrong. I love my band and have lost weight and changed so much. That is my hind sight view as it is 20/20 vision.....

Congrats on your decision you will not regret it! My best advice for you is to take lots of time and read as far back as you can in these forums. That is what I did and I even got a notebook and took tons of notes. By the time I got to my band date (had to wait a few months until I could take some time off work) I felt educated and really ready to go!

Totally agree with everyone on that the band is merely a tool and you can cheat it so you have to really work at it. But once you get some weight off you have so much more energy and it is so much easier to work out. I've also done every diet out there and am so happy to finally find something that works for me.

Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

Being out over a year, I would have to say that the sleeve would have been a better choice for me. Don't get me wrong. I love my band and have lost weight and changed so much. That is my hind sight view as it is 20/20 vision.....

I am very curious to learn why.... can you enlighten me a bit more?

The band gave me hope that I wouldn't have to be fat for the rest of my life. It gave me the opportunity or more FORCED me to evaluate my eating habits and become more aware of what it was I was putting in my body. Of course like some have said you can certainly cheat using the band and not lose weight very fast. I think we all go thru these moments of testing to see what we can and can't tolerate.

I've been a consistent loser so far and it has been coming off slowly but I know i wouldn't have been able to do it without the band.

My surgery was Feb. 18, 2010. The surgery was easier than I thought it would be, but that doesn't mean it was a piece of cake. I recovered quickly and was shopping a bit the next day with another lady that had her lapband surgery the same day I did. I've lost 74 pounds so far, and have experienced a couple plateaus which are frustrating. I've never been able to lose this much weight doing anything else. I highly recommend OCC and all the doctors and staff there. Of course I was nervous going to TJ for surgery, but everything was wonderful and they are all so very nice, extremely caring, and helpful. I refuse to go anywhere else for fills, even though I have to travel from Florida, we just save our money so I can go there. Going to OCC has been one of the best decisions of my life! Let us know what you decide.

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Momof4)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Congratulations to you for being motivated to make a change. I just started a blog called "The Diary of a Lapband Patient" and to create the blog I used text I wrote that describes my decision date, why I chose the OCC, the service by the OCC staff, surgery day, and my first fill. There aren't many posts to sift through because I only created it a day or two ago.

The url is: http://ssimonssays.blogspot.com/

I have been considering the lap band for some time, and now within the last few weeks have decided to go for it. Can you give me your honest thoughts and opinions on the OCC, your experience, the process, do you think it's truly helped? I've seen some really great success stories and then others don't seem like they have lost as much as I would think. Just trying to make sure this is the best decision at the right place. Thank you so much now for all of your thoughts! I think sometimes this is the BEST way to make decisions, hearing from all of you

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Momof4)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Congratulations to you for being motivated to make a change. I just started a blog called "The Diary of a Lapband Patient" and to create the blog I used text I wrote that describes my decision date, why I chose the OCC, the service by the OCC staff, surgery day, and my first fill. There aren't many posts to sift through because I only created it a day or two ago.

The url is: http://ssimonssays.blogspot.com/

Love your blog, thanks for sharing. I go to Tijuana in 3 days. I am soooo excited

(((((((((((((((((Hugs Canuk))))))))))))))))))

Thank you so much for letting me know you like the blog. I'm so excited for you and to hear about your surgery. Please keep us updated.

Love your blog, thanks for sharing. I go to Tijuana in 3 days. I am soooo excited

My surgery was Feb. 18, 2010. The surgery was easier than I thought it would be, but that doesn't mean it was a piece of cake. I recovered quickly and was shopping a bit the next day with another lady that had her lapband surgery the same day I did. I've lost 74 pounds so far, and have experienced a couple plateaus which are frustrating. I've never been able to lose this much weight doing anything else. I highly recommend OCC and all the doctors and staff there. Of course I was nervous going to TJ for surgery, but everything was wonderful and they are all so very nice, extremely caring, and helpful. I refuse to go anywhere else for fills, even though I have to travel from Florida, we just save our money so I can go there. Going to OCC has been one of the best decisions of my life! Let us know what you decide.

Congratulations on the weight loss... that is amazing! Have you had to find the right fill spot for you? Do you know what size band you received? I'm amazed, that is incredible!!!

Oh! I forgot to add - I felt fine in TJ. I have been there 8 times and will be there more, I have met some great friends there :)

Can you tell me where you went to do the cosmetic pieces? I've been watching some of the posts on this forum and it's hard to keep up with all of them. Was it expensive? Are you happy with the results?