day 17 post op

So I'm going on 17 days post op I've lost 18 #s! Wooohoo I've been starting to eat like mashed potatoes, had a hotdog w-no skin drenched in ketchup! No issues I sometimes get the "burp" which is an indication I'm full- the problem is I have to literaly remove whatever it is I'm eating cuz I feel like I could just keep going especially if I don't burp. I'm scared I will eat too much-havent pb or slimed yet? Does that only happen once u reach restriction? Or am I doing such a great job w eating tiny bites n chewing well enough? Is it normal to b able to eat now n feel like u could eat a lot-i haven't been help me please I was a little scatterbrain w getting my issues out but I know u guys understand thnk u

So I'm going on 17 days post op I've lost 18 #s! Wooohoo I've been starting to eat like mashed potatoes, had a hotdog w-no skin drenched in ketchup! No issues I sometimes get the "burp" which is an indication I'm full- the problem is I have to literaly remove whatever it is I'm eating cuz I feel like I could just keep going especially if I don't burp. I'm scared I will eat too much-havent pb or slimed yet? Does that only happen once u reach restriction? Or am I doing such a great job w eating tiny bites n chewing well enough? Is it normal to b able to eat now n feel like u could eat a lot-i haven't been help me please I was a little scatterbrain w getting my issues out but I know u guys understand thnk u

Hey there, I want to fist say, be careful! The 21 days of liquids are hard. Matter of fact, I was a cheater too. That being said. Let me tell you how I cheated. I drank my first 2 meals of the day and had a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of puree mushie food for dinner. I would put what ever it was in a bullet and blend it, or I would have a piece of string cheese. Something that would melt on the way down.

The purpose of not eating solids or mushies to soon, is to give you band a chance to SCAR into place. By putting weight on it...weight meaning food, that is putting pressure on the band and moving it from it's position. This very well could set you up for a band slip months even years later.

Please do not go gung hoe. Don't cheat excessively or at all if you can help it. Even though you can. Your swelling is likely gone, and your band is WIDE open. That means more likely than not your food will pass right through with very little incedent. This does not mean you can go full board and eat pre sugery portions.

Get your mind in check, you are not thinking things all the way through. If you want to give me a call, I would be happy to talk band with you. PM me and I will give you my number if you are interested.

((HUGS))

This journey is a hard one for me, as I still have food issues. Hang in there!

Angie

To answer your question about restriction..after my 21 days was up, I found I could eat anything. Nothing changed for me until my second fill. Then I truly understood how the band is a tool, and you will too, once you get to your ideal restriction. Now I am unable to eat like I used to, which is the whole idea. When you reach the proper restriction, you should only be able to eat about a third of what you used to eat before the band. But start practicing that now, even though you don't have any restriction. Good luck!