Did anyone else have a really hard time finding their sweet spot of restriction with the band?

Hello,

So, I was banded on April 12th. My fills have gone like this....

OCC- 5.0 CC's on May 25th

OCC-8.00 CC's about a month later

OCC-7.5 unfill about a week later

OCC-7.0 unfill July 7th

So at 8.0 and 7.5 I was too tight and was throwing up quite a bit. Now, I'm down to 7.0cc's and have no restriction. I do feel bread, but can still eat it without much discomfort. I can pretty much eat anything again and not get full super fast. So, I'm wondering if I should go back again and try 7.25cc's? What is good restriction suppose to feel like? I know at 8.0 and 7.5 I was in a lot of pain while eating and had a very hard time getting protein down. What are your thoughts? I want this to work. I will be so bummed if I wasted all this money!!! I will also never hear the end of it from my husband....Can just a tiny tweak get me to the right spot???

Thanks!

Heidi

Hi Heidi,

I think the key thing I heard is you have a hard time getting protein down. That right there tells me you most likely don't need a fill. We're suppose to eat protein first, it fills us up. Make sure you start with really moist fish or something light, moist and soft. Measure a quarter cup, take small bites of the fish and chew each bite 30 times, (feeling it - slow down and take it easy) next move on to your veggies, chopped in small pieces, cooked well and again only a quarter cup - chew each bite 30 times again. Next some fruit, quarter cup, small soft peices (this time of year cantilope is great) you still have room, add in a quarter cup of carbs.

Really focus on your meal, get away from the TV, small bites, 30 chews - don't cheat. If you do this and you don't fill satisfied - you may need a fill. But this is pretty much how we are suppose to each - no sliders or things that go down easy - you'll cheat your band unless you get to the point when nothing will go down.

Just forgo bread for while - its not the best for bandsters and not the best test method.

Good luck!

Lisa

I still have to remind myself that being full is not the goal, being satisfied is. I can get anything and everything down, but I still have restriction. Restriction doesn't mean that all of this stuff gets stuck or will not go down necessarily, restriction means that you eat a cup of the foods you are supposed to eat and you feel satisfied. If you do not "feel" satisfied then you have to determine if it is head hunger you are dealing with or truely physical hunger.

• Like 1