will it always be this way?

onceandforall

Hi All-

Was banded 9 days ago in TJ and all is fine, but there is a large hard bump at my port. It feels like there is a 3 inch piece of wood sewn into my midrift. I cant touch my toes and have to sit up very straight. Will it always be like this? If i cant roll up (bend over and touch my toes) there is a lot I cant do - yoga....scuba diving.....etc. Help.

Hi All-

Was banded 9 days ago in TJ and all is fine, but there is a large hard bump at my port. It feels like there is a 3 inch piece of wood sewn into my midrift. I cant touch my toes and have to sit up very straight. Will it always be like this? If i cant roll up (bend over and touch my toes) there is a lot I cant do - yoga....scuba diving.....etc. Help.

It has been 6 weeks for me and my port is still tender.. I had trouble bending over too for the first few weeks. Be careful with the exercises you are doing now. I don't think we are to do any kind of abdominal exercises for 3 months. I would call and ask the Dr on Call at the OCC about Yoga. When I have called the OCC Dr So, who was on call, answered all my questions. I think you need to let your port stitches heal and then you get used to the feeling of having the port in your abdominal area.

You will always have a bump at the port site where they do your fills. Did you get a chance to see the Lap Band in Dr Meranda's office? It is really pretty large. I was surprised how big it was. The more weight you loose because your fat does not hide it as much. Some people will choose to have a port revision to make it less visible.

Best Wishes,

Sherri

Hello,

I had the same issues when I was first banded. It does go away!!! Just give it time.... :wub:

Hi,

I was banded in March and yes, I did have some of the same issues. Mainly I could not do the Yoga that required bending at the middle. I was able to do some poses but not my entire routine comfortably for about three months...it does get better and it is so worth it!