hey guys, update on my fill gone bad....

So, here is a little back story.... I am actually copy and pasting this from another thread. But it tells what happened with out me re-typing the senerio.

Personally, I am a believer in floro, however I do know MANY SUCCESSFUL bandsters who have there fills done under floro. There are MANY things that factor in to a fill. Take for example, I was in on Friday and had a fill. The surgeon who did my fill, was brand spanking new. He did fairly well, well sorta. He was a dead eye dewy and hit my small, low profile port first try! YAY! Then he pulled some fluid out to make sure he was in, again, alright, but I prefer not to have them do that at all. It causes more movement, and swelling which to me is not nesseccary. Anyway, When he went to add fluid, the syringe leaked, so he had to shut the stop cock. After that, the gal who was training him ask him how many CC's he should add, he said, 1 CC. I have a small, 10 cm 4 cc band and already have some restriction, so that was a no go. She told him .1 or .2 cc's and he proceeded to push saline into my band. I then did a barium swallow and the fluid was not passing at all. He was unsure of how much he actually added. Bummer, so he went to back it out and the fluid went through the band. **At this point I should have asked for another barium swallow, but thought nothing of it.** I asked how much he added and he told me a .1cc or .2 he had no idea. Okay, I thought well so I don't know how much of a fill I got. Guess from here on out I will not know what is in my band. I was making peace with it and went about my marry way. (had to return to work.) So, I got back to work and was on liquids for 2 days......no restriction. I called Sunday night to leave a message for my nurse and asked her to call me. Of course, more times than not, they DO NOT LIKE TO ADMIT that the fill didn't go as thought. The notes in my file said, gave .2 cc's fill snug. Yeah, that would have been awesome, except he actually pulled more out of my band than what he gave me, leaving me with NO restriciton.

So I am going back in today and have to pay for the radiology fee again. Okay, what ever. Lesson learned.....

The point of me sharing my last fill story with you is to let you know that MANY things can factor in to a good fill....floro or not.

For me, I chose to find after care locally. I go to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for my fills. Each fill takes me about 2 hours. I have an office visit and then go to radiology for my fill. That is where I spend most of my time....

I am a wife, mother, full time worker with a part time job on the side. So travel and the expense tied to it is a greater cost than staying local.

I have not had a fill at the OCC, BUT can say they are experts. They have done tons of fills and are able to dial you in. They have had people who got to tight from a fill there as well. Fills are not a exact science. If you find someone or where that works for you, then stick with them.

Sorry for the long share, but I wanted to give you a glimpse into what can be possible. Wish me well today, as I will be going back in to get my restriction back! Ugh!

Angie

Okay here is the UPDATE.........

They had me come back in on Monday. The surgeon, took all the fluid out of my band to see where I was. Guess what! I only had 1.2 cc's in there! Yikes! No wonder I didn't have any restriction....BOO! When he had drawn back to remove "some" he ended up taking over 1/2 of the fluid in my band! Yikes!

Okay so she put that saline back in, and gave me an additional .8 cc's. So that brought me back up to 2 cc's still less than what I walked in the door with. Double Boo!

This is a costly mistake. I will have to have another fill, to get me back up to were I was previously. I do not have restriction....and I am being mindful of my portions again.

One major step back for me and the band. Once that will cost 3 times as much in the end. Ugh! Hubby is pretty mad. He feels like I shouldn't have to pay, but I do. I really don't know what to say to him about it. It sucks.

When I was leaving the surgeon being trained on fills was walking in to the room. I smiled at him and he gave a deer in the head lights look. He was noticable uncomfortable. I didn't say anything, but did smile at him. It sucks to make mistakes.....In this case it sucks for me more than him. Ha!

So I am back to building up to a level of restriction again. I will be going back in for a fill next month, unless they make an acception and let me come in before that....who knows.

Over all it is dissapointing, but a fluke. I have not heard of this happening to anyone else....I will say this may have ruined my attitude toward being a patient who has a person in "training" do the procedure. I am normally really happy go lucky, but ugh!

Angie - sucks you have to keep going back all these times. They really should be reasonable and not penalize you for their mistakes. I'd be squaking up a storm trying to get them to rectify this mess.

The surgeon was not willing to at least put you back up to 2.4cc?

So, here is a little back story.... I am actually copy and pasting this from another thread. But it tells what happened with out me re-typing the senerio.

Personally, I am a believer in floro, however I do know MANY SUCCESSFUL bandsters who have there fills done under floro. There are MANY things that factor in to a fill. Take for example, I was in on Friday and had a fill. The surgeon who did my fill, was brand spanking new. He did fairly well, well sorta. He was a dead eye dewy and hit my small, low profile port first try! YAY! Then he pulled some fluid out to make sure he was in, again, alright, but I prefer not to have them do that at all. It causes more movement, and swelling which to me is not nesseccary. Anyway, When he went to add fluid, the syringe leaked, so he had to shut the stop cock. After that, the gal who was training him ask him how many CC's he should add, he said, 1 CC. I have a small, 10 cm 4 cc band and already have some restriction, so that was a no go. She told him .1 or .2 cc's and he proceeded to push saline into my band. I then did a barium swallow and the fluid was not passing at all. He was unsure of how much he actually added. Bummer, so he went to back it out and the fluid went through the band. **At this point I should have asked for another barium swallow, but thought nothing of it.** I asked how much he added and he told me a .1cc or .2 he had no idea. Okay, I thought well so I don't know how much of a fill I got. Guess from here on out I will not know what is in my band. I was making peace with it and went about my marry way. (had to return to work.) So, I got back to work and was on liquids for 2 days......no restriction. I called Sunday night to leave a message for my nurse and asked her to call me. Of course, more times than not, they DO NOT LIKE TO ADMIT that the fill didn't go as thought. The notes in my file said, gave .2 cc's fill snug. Yeah, that would have been awesome, except he actually pulled more out of my band than what he gave me, leaving me with NO restriciton.

So I am going back in today and have to pay for the radiology fee again. Okay, what ever. Lesson learned.....

The point of me sharing my last fill story with you is to let you know that MANY things can factor in to a good fill....floro or not.

For me, I chose to find after care locally. I go to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for my fills. Each fill takes me about 2 hours. I have an office visit and then go to radiology for my fill. That is where I spend most of my time....

I am a wife, mother, full time worker with a part time job on the side. So travel and the expense tied to it is a greater cost than staying local.

I have not had a fill at the OCC, BUT can say they are experts. They have done tons of fills and are able to dial you in. They have had people who got to tight from a fill there as well. Fills are not a exact science. If you find someone or where that works for you, then stick with them.

Sorry for the long share, but I wanted to give you a glimpse into what can be possible. Wish me well today, as I will be going back in to get my restriction back! Ugh!

Angie

They had me come back in on Monday. The surgeon, took all the fluid out of my band to see where I was. Guess what! I only had 1.2 cc's in there! Yikes! No wonder I didn't have any restriction....BOO! When he had drawn back to remove "some" he ended up taking over 1/2 of the fluid in my band! Yikes!

Okay so she put that saline back in, and gave me an additional .8 cc's. So that brought me back up to 2 cc's still less than what I walked in the door with. Double Boo!

This is a costly mistake. I will have to have another fill, to get me back up to were I was previously. I do not have restriction....and I am being mindful of my portions again.

One major step back for me and the band. Once that will cost 3 times as much in the end. Ugh! Hubby is pretty mad. He feels like I shouldn't have to pay, but I do. I really don't know what to say to him about it. It sucks.

When I was leaving the surgeon being trained on fills was walking in to the room. I smiled at him and he gave a deer in the head lights look. He was noticable uncomfortable. I didn't say anything, but did smile at him. It sucks to make mistakes.....In this case it sucks for me more than him. Ha!

So I am back to building up to a level of restriction again. I will be going back in for a fill next month, unless they make an acception and let me come in before that....who knows.

Over all it is dissapointing, but a fluke. I have not heard of this happening to anyone else....I will say this may have ruined my attitude toward being a patient who has a person in "training" do the procedure. I am normally really happy go lucky, but ugh!

Sorry Angie for all the hassle you are having to go through. Must be terribly frustrating to have to pay for their mistakes

Deb

Angie - sucks you have to keep going back all these times. They really should be reasonable and not penalize you for their mistakes. I'd be squaking up a storm trying to get them to rectify this mess.

The surgeon was not willing to at least put you back up to 2.4cc?

I wish my body worked like that. I had to build up slowly to restriction as we have learned that my body will only take a little bit of saline at a time. I guess my tissue must be sensitive to being zip tied! Ha! It does suck as it took me 6 months to get to a restricted fill level.....

I think that because I had a foe fill on Friday, then a complete defill, and refill my barium swallow was at a "safe level" at .8 cc's. I am all for safe fills, so I am going with the flow. What is most concerning to me is how many times my port is being accessed. Ugh!

My husband is pushing me to have them make it right. I know I will speak to them, but since it is at a hospital, the radiology department wants it's cut. They really don't care that someone else made a mistake. Know what I mean. I will be asking that the office visit fee be waived, which I believe is fair.

Over all I like the staff and have loved the convience of literally driving 1 mile to the hospital. Spending 2 hours and viala! Done. So I am not willing to rock the boat to much as I am not wanting to travel further for fills. For me it a pick and choose your battles type thing....know what I mean....

wow im so jealous, 1 mi drive to have a fill! i fly 600 miles and take a shuttle to another country to get my fills.

i really messed my second fill up - i went to OCC, had it done under fluoro w Dr.So, alls well. about an hour later, back at marriott, started crunching on chips and guacamole while watching the USA-Ghana match, that went down fine, no probs.

Later we went to grocery store and mom bought tons of mexican bread that looked amazing. i guess it looked so good that i lost my head when we got back to the hotel and i tore into a poblano pepper & cheese empanada... got stuck on the second bite. started sliming, went ot the bathroom and tried to get it out, had to stick my finger down my throat.. not my proudest moment.. and got enough of it out to feel comfortable. i didnt know the rule about switching to liq. for 24 hours after a PB so i kept on with solids that night. the next day, of course after i had flown home, started having all sorts of discomfort issues. stabby pains, gas bloat, pill-in-throat feeling, all of it. super unpleasant. i called dr so and he of course asked me to come back (uh no can do) so he advised 5 days of liquids, told him i could do 3 bc we had a big family dinner coming up but i would be super careful.

long story short i think it was just inflammation - after the 3 days of liq. everything seems to be ok. i think im at a good restriction level, dont really wanna be any tighter after experiencing all that stuff, and will def. take it easy if and when i ever get another fill, or after another PB experience. I havent PBd since cuz im so paranoid now :)

I think I could probably have a little bump up in fill, as I am able to eat bread and steak, pork, etc.. but I dont feel a need to do it now. Maybe further down the line when I quit losing and have been stalled for more than a month.

Anyway thanks for posting ur story - always good to know what crazy stuff can happen at a fill appt! and i totally hear you about not wanting to rock the boat. I'd still ask, but def. in a respectful way. Good luck w it..

Sorry Angie for all the hassle you are having to go through. Must be terribly frustrating to have to pay for their mistakes

Deb

Deb - yeah it is a bummer, but let's face it, we all make mistakes. At least this guy was brand spanking new. Now in the medical profession, it can be deadly, so really I can count my blessings it was not a life or death situation and "just" a fill! Guess there is always a bright side to every misfortune....right?!

I hope you are well. Bet it is nice to be home and back to your kids! How's it going with the recovery? Did you have services for your mom after you returned?

ANGIE WHAT COUNTS IS YOUR ON YOUR WAY AGAIN smile.gif

You know it! It is weird to not get the pouch full feeling when eating. I am sticking to the same portions.....but not feeling full. I am not hungry either, so that is awesome! I love the band!

How are you recovering?

wow im so jealous, 1 mi drive to have a fill! i fly 600 miles and take a shuttle to another country to get my fills.

i really messed my second fill up - i went to OCC, had it done under fluoro w Dr.So, alls well. about an hour later, back at marriott, started crunching on chips and guacamole while watching the USA-Ghana match, that went down fine, no probs.

Later we went to grocery store and mom bought tons of mexican bread that looked amazing. i guess it looked so good that i lost my head when we got back to the hotel and i tore into a poblano pepper & cheese empanada... got stuck on the second bite. started sliming, went ot the bathroom and tried to get it out, had to stick my finger down my throat.. not my proudest moment.. and got enough of it out to feel comfortable. i didnt know the rule about switching to liq. for 24 hours after a PB so i kept on with solids that night. the next day, of course after i had flown home, started having all sorts of discomfort issues. stabby pains, gas bloat, pill-in-throat feeling, all of it. super unpleasant. i called dr so and he of course asked me to come back (uh no can do) so he advised 5 days of liquids, told him i could do 3 bc we had a big family dinner coming up but i would be super careful.

long story short i think it was just inflammation - after the 3 days of liq. everything seems to be ok. i think im at a good restriction level, dont really wanna be any tighter after experiencing all that stuff, and will def. take it easy if and when i ever get another fill, or after another PB experience. I havent PBd since cuz im so paranoid now smile.gif

I think I could probably have a little bump up in fill, as I am able to eat bread and steak, pork, etc.. but I dont feel a need to do it now. Maybe further down the line when I quit losing and have been stalled for more than a month.

Anyway thanks for posting ur story - always good to know what crazy stuff can happen at a fill appt! and i totally hear you about not wanting to rock the boat. I'd still ask, but def. in a respectful way. Good luck w it..

Yep, I know I have a good local fill place.....some, like you have to travel and go to more expense. I feel blessed to find a center of excellence to care for me.

I have learned so very much from the people on this board....it is a great place to ask questions and learn. Plus you can make some good friends to boot.

That sounds like a ruff learning curve. One good thing to have to build restriction several months is I had a adjustment time. I didn't go from 0-60 in two fills.....I adapted a little at a time.

Even though I am still a foodie, I have changed so much. The band has been a good teacher. I call mine Hope, the name is fitting. I am 1/2 way to goal.

I am pleased at my progress, fitness level and growth. Life is good!

How are you recovering?

GOOD :) WENT BACK FOR A RECHECK THIS MORNING. I GOT PICTURES OF THE LID SURGERY YESTERDAY I JUST HAVE TO UPDATE PICTURES. THEY ARE BLACK AND BLUE TO SAY THE LEAST BUT AGAIN, NO PAIN. I HAVE THIS OINTMENT THAT KEEPS GETTING IN MY EYES SO I DON'T HAVE THE BEST OF VISION ALL THE TIME BUT I'LL GET IT ALL UPDATED TOMORROW :)

THANKS FOR ASKING

GOOD smile.gif WENT BACK FOR A RECHECK THIS MORNING. I GOT PICTURES OF THE LID SURGERY YESTERDAY I JUST HAVE TO UPDATE PICTURES. THEY ARE BLACK AND BLUE TO SAY THE LEAST BUT AGAIN, NO PAIN. I HAVE THIS OINTMENT THAT KEEPS GETTING IN MY EYES SO I DON'T HAVE THE BEST OF VISION ALL THE TIME BUT I'LL GET IT ALL UPDATED TOMORROW smile.gif

THANKS FOR ASKING

Good to know it doesn't hurt bad. Looking forward to your new pics! How long does the doc keep you on the ointment?

Hi Angie, That really sucks. I hope everything is better now or soon will be. I have to go for another fill soon so this is always something to think about. TC Kevin

Thanks Kevin - I agree it does suck. What are ya gonna do...ya know. I've called the office, but have not heard back from the nurse yet. I'd like to get on the fill schedule again.

This morning I had a breakfast that I have not enduldged in for a while....a cake donut with sprinkles. LOL It is so strange to me to not have to chew and being able to eat a breakfast choice like that. It was a treat, and I won't be making it a regular habit, but like I said.....no restriction.

In a way it feels so foreign......you really get use to the cues and sensations of being limited....then poof they are gone and viala! It sure feels weird not to have to chew chew chew....

How's the adjustment/weightloss going for ya? When are you thinking of running for the boarder?

Good to see a post from ya! Don't be a stranger!

Angie

no no no no no NO NO NO NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR HIS MISTAKE. I would go back in there and tell whoever needs to know what happened and get a fill for free!!! BS...I call BS flag. Dr.'s are human they make mistakes and they also have to pay for them. Tell them you are dissatisified and get your fill done right!

Kim :wub:

no no no no no NO NO NO NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR HIS MISTAKE. I would go back in there and tell whoever needs to know what happened and get a fill for free!!! BS...I call BS flag. Dr.'s are human they make mistakes and they also have to pay for them. Tell them you are dissatisified and get your fill done right!

Kim wub.gif

Kim - I am planning on asking to have the office vist of the portion comped. That cost is $75.00 so x3 that alone will save me $225.00 which is a good amount. I am willing to pay the $150.00 for floro. I won't be going back in until August which sucks. My husband asked me last night, "honey do you have ANY restriction?" We had roast, veggies and a potatoe. I have a ton of veggies, a small portion of meat and a few bites of potatoe. I think I nearly consumed 60% of the veggies and had no full feeling. In measurements I'd say I had 3/4 cup cooked veg. Even with that amount of veggies, meat and pot, no full feeling. I howver was satisfied. I miss the full sensation.

This morning I was able to eat a danish.....at like 5:00 am, no full feeling. Oh boy that is scarry!!!! I will have to be very aware of my choices. As a recovering fat girl at heart, I can see how easy it would be to dive head first into a plate of __________ whatever, fill in the blank!

I stocked up on veggies at the store and have bought more fruit as I can use those as my fillers if I get the urge to stuff my face. I have plenty of fish, chicken, veggie patties, tofu, ect so I will stay on protein like before, but man.....the reality of KNOWING I have nada to back me up. I have made two choices for crap carbs. One a donut at work, and the other the danish. Both delicious, I might add.

Anyway, lets hope they are willing to work with me on fees. It was sad to actually have a measurement of what was left in my band......I would have been better off being in the dark about the new doc taking over 1/2 of my fill with him......

Send me good JuJu I will need it!

SENDING THE JUJU

IT IS JUST "PRACTICING" MEDICINE smile.gif

I agree with you Pammie - they are subject to error. I hope I was not his first fill.....that would be a bad way to start out....they said he was new, but how new?? Anyway, he learned a lot from my fill. Espcecially about the smaller band vs the larger ones. At any rate....it is what it is.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Angie))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. I sent you a pm before I read this. I feel like I've dropped off the face of the earth. Thank you for reposting this, I had no idea. Sending you big hugs and I hope everything is okay.

xo

Angie

Kim - I am planning on asking to have the office vist of the portion comped. That cost is $75.00 so x3 that alone will save me $225.00 which is a good amount. I am willing to pay the $150.00 for floro. I won't be going back in until August which sucks. My husband asked me last night, "honey do you have ANY restriction?" We had roast, veggies and a potatoe. I have a ton of veggies, a small portion of meat and a few bites of potatoe. I think I nearly consumed 60% of the veggies and had no full feeling. In measurements I'd say I had 3/4 cup cooked veg. Even with that amount of veggies, meat and pot, no full feeling. I howver was satisfied. I miss the full sensation.

This morning I was able to eat a danish.....at like 5:00 am, no full feeling. Oh boy that is scarry!!!! I will have to be very aware of my choices. As a recovering fat girl at heart, I can see how easy it would be to dive head first into a plate of __________ whatever, fill in the blank!

I stocked up on veggies at the store and have bought more fruit as I can use those as my fillers if I get the urge to stuff my face. I have plenty of fish, chicken, veggie patties, tofu, ect so I will stay on protein like before, but man.....the reality of KNOWING I have nada to back me up. I have made two choices for crap carbs. One a donut at work, and the other the danish. Both delicious, I might add.

Anyway, lets hope they are willing to work with me on fees. It was sad to actually have a measurement of what was left in my band......I would have been better off being in the dark about the new doc taking over 1/2 of my fill with him......

Send me good JuJu I will need it!

Angie, did this happen at the Med Center? Who was the doctor? I have to go for my 1st fill in 6 weeks. I am trying to decide if I want to go get fills at OCC or Med Center. You may have just made my mind up for me. These issues you are having are concerning for me. Yikes.

Angie, did this happen at the Med Center? Who was the doctor? I have to go for my 1st fill in 6 weeks. I am trying to decide if I want to go get fills at OCC or Med Center. You may have just made my mind up for me. These issues you are having are concerning for me. Yikes.

Yes, it happened at the UNMC. I could not remember his name....he is new. I've had fills done from several different people the PA Krista, Dr. McBride, Dr. G, and a gal I can't remember her name. Krista was training him and well my fill didn't go well. At anyrate, sorry to report news to sway you. I am sticking with them, as over all I really like the care I recieve and they are great.

Let me know who you decide to go to. Oh, if you go to the UNMC tell em I gave you a referral. I don't get anything for it....at least I don't think I do, but I talk to several people who have decided to go there for care.

At anyrate....yep, it happened there....bummer huh!

Angie

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Angie))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. I sent you a pm before I read this. I feel like I've dropped off the face of the earth. Thank you for reposting this, I had no idea. Sending you big hugs and I hope everything is okay.

xo

Thanks Robbyn it was a big bummer, but what are ya gonna do? Gotta keep on moving on! I will say I have had one danish and one donut, both for breakfast. It was nice not to have to think twice about....oh will this be okay at 5-6 in the morning....

At my normal restriction, I would have been able to eat 1/2 a donut and not first thing in the morning....like maybe 7.

Anyway.....pressing on.

Not having the full feeling is really odd after having a full button. So I have been measuring my portions....blah!

Thanks for thinking of me and the support!

• 2 weeks later...

Well....I am counting down the days until my fill....which is on Friday. Seems I've been waiting for a long darn time.

Some blessings that came from being unfilled.

A. It is easier to vomit with no restriction. Had the flu and found gratitude in a mistaken unfill!

B. It gave me good perspective on what it is like to not have restriction. So interesting to me how quickly we adapt to restriction. I "treated" myself to an egg mcmuffin this morning. It was nice to eat bread, meat, and egg for breakfast.

C. Let me know that I don't have to have restriction to maintain my weight.

I sure am looking forward to a fill though. Feels weird not to have the guidance system of my band. I have been watching my portions and not going crazy....well I have had a few splurges....like said mcmuffin... wub.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I had my fill appointment yesterday and had a chance to talk about the fill gone bad and the treatment I received from a nurse who I had a few "uncomfortable" conversations with. I was pleased at how professional the visit went. Thank heavens! I was doing my best to not think about it and not be to anxious.

They will be waiving the fee for 3 office visits billed at $75.00 a piece.

1. the fill gone bad (Friday) 7/6/10

2. the fill apt the following (Monday) 7/9/10

3. yesterdays fill and consult 8/14/10

I will be paying for the radiology fees and for the lab work that was a complete miscomunication. Hubby and I will be forking out nearly a grand. Yuck!

I was grateful to be heard and to be able to communicate with someone who was not trying to talk over me, take the error personally, or treat me poorly.

I will remain a patient at the UNMC as I feel like they did a stellar job in resolving the miscommunication. Which makes me feel a great sense of relief. I had called around and had a new round of quotes after the ordeal with the nurse and was not looking forward to a new buy in at the next best place.

The good news is, I will be working with a new nurse and that sets my mind at ease too. No more ackward conversations!

The PA asked that I make a follow up visit 2 months out. I still feel uncomfortable, however I will follow her instruction. Time heals all wounds right?

Now.....during this process, I also spent a good amount of time doing research on self fills again. This is the second time I have dug around for information on the internet, spoken to some of the people who have done and currently do there own self fills. I am amazed that so many bandsters do this. I can understand a nurse doing it as they have background. The rest of us....we have much more to learn.

At anyrate, I am happy to be able to get exceptional care and grateful for the outcome. I feel positive that I will have a level of restriction I can feel and that will limit my portion sizes to a cup of food again. *Fingers crossed*

After I finish the liquids and start on solids again I will let you know how it goes.

I had my fill appointment yesterday and had a chance to talk about the fill gone bad and the treatment I received from a nurse who I had a few "uncomfortable" conversations with. I was pleased at how professional the visit went. Thank heavens! I was doing my best to not think about it and not be to anxious.

They will be waiving the fee for 3 office visits billed at $75.00 a piece.

1. the fill gone bad (Friday) 7/6/10

2. the fill apt the following (Monday) 7/9/10

3. yesterdays fill and consult 8/14/10

I will be paying for the radiology fees and for the lab work that was a complete miscomunication. Hubby and I will be forking out nearly a grand. Yuck!

I was grateful to be heard and to be able to communicate with someone who was not trying to talk over me, take the error personally, or treat me poorly.

I will remain a patient at the UNMC as I feel like they did a stellar job in resolving the miscommunication. Which makes me feel a great sense of relief. I had called around and had a new round of quotes after the ordeal with the nurse and was not looking forward to a new buy in at the next best place.

The good news is, I will be working with a new nurse and that sets my mind at ease too. No more ackward conversations!

The PA asked that I make a follow up visit 2 months out. I still feel uncomfortable, however I will follow her instruction. Time heals all wounds right?

Now.....during this process, I also spent a good amount of time doing research on self fills again. This is the second time I have dug around for information on the internet, spoken to some of the people who have done and currently do there own self fills. I am amazed that so many bandsters do this. I can understand a nurse doing it as they have background. The rest of us....we have much more to learn.

At anyrate, I am happy to be able to get exceptional care and grateful for the outcome. I feel positive that I will have a level of restriction I can feel and that will limit my portion sizes to a cup of food again. *Fingers crossed*

After I finish the liquids and start on solids again I will let you know how it goes.

I'm glad you got things worked out! But it totally sucks about all the money you are out!!!! I guess chalk it up to a lesson learned like I did. I paid $450 for a fill that put nothing in my band back in May - very frustrating!