Psych Evaluation

lilruby77

I have bipolar disorder and depression and schizoaffective disorder. Will these diagnoses rule me out for being a candidate of the lapband procedure? What kind of questions are asked during the evaludation and what do they look for?

I need to lose 70+ lbs to get to my healthy weight. I have dieted and exercised and lost a little gained a lot. I'm on a rollercoaster ride with this and I'm ready to get off. I know that with the lapband it's not a miracle procedure but only a tool to help me lose weight. I am fully prepared to follow through with what the doctor tells me to do and what I should eat and drink.

But my main question is what is the psych evaluation like?

Thanks,

Lilruby77 aka Angela

This question is probably best answered by Dr. Ortiz and your mental health provider. I have a friend that is bipolar and she had it done in the states. Have a candid conversation with both to ensure the best route for you.

Paul

I didn't experience any psych evaluation before my lapband procedure with Dr. Ortiz and staff. I'm sure if you're functioning and able to be in a rational state of mind enough to make the decision then that's all that matters. If you're on medication for it, just make sure to list your disorders and meds on the medical history application and I'm sure if there is any concern they will bring it up.