worried...

curveydiva

So you would think that I would be worried about travelling to Mexico by myself or maybe having the surgery itself, especially so far from home, but no, not really - what I'm worried about is my liquid diet. Now I've dieted and fasted a zillion times - but I guess that this time I am really aware of the committment and the whole being ready for a lifetime of new (better) choices - I've always failed before at my attempts to lose weight. I am nervous about not being able to do good enough. Afterall if I had the ability to stick to guidelines I would not have 30+ years of overindulging under my belt. I've also been becoming more aware of poor habits that I make that are just blind habits. For example the other day I was leaving a restraunt, well of course I had to refill my drink cup first, didn't think anything of it - it's just something you do before you leave (gotta get your money's worth and you need one for the road, right?) So the point was, I caught myself and was i thirsty still? No. It's these little things that I do everyday without thinking about plus knowing conciously - "you can't eat xxx right now - you really need to do this instead so that you are sucessful this time" I'm starting to get nervous...isn't that stupid, it's just food. I'm purging my fridge and pantry today, tossing out a lot so I do have acess to any cheatables so readily...just in case.

So you would think that I would be worried about travelling to Mexico by myself or maybe having the surgery itself, especially so far from home, but no, not really - what I'm worried about is my liquid diet. Now I've dieted and fasted a zillion times - but I guess that this time I am really aware of the committment and the whole being ready for a lifetime of new (better) choices - I've always failed before at my attempts to lose weight. I am nervous about not being able to do good enough. Afterall if I had the ability to stick to guidelines I would not have 30+ years of overindulging under my belt. I've also been becoming more aware of poor habits that I make that are just blind habits. For example the other day I was leaving a restraunt, well of course I had to refill my drink cup first, didn't think anything of it - it's just something you do before you leave (gotta get your money's worth and you need one for the road, right?) So the point was, I caught myself and was i thirsty still? No. It's these little things that I do everyday without thinking about plus knowing conciously - "you can't eat xxx right now - you really need to do this instead so that you are sucessful this time" I'm starting to get nervous...isn't that stupid, it's just food. I'm purging my fridge and pantry today, tossing out a lot so I do have acess to any cheatables so readily...just in case.

All newbies and wannabes go through this ANXIETY thing, its NORMAL. The best thing you can do is go to the photo gallery and look at "OCMikeys" and "RevyD's" new photos. They'll inspire you!

From someone that has never stuck to any diet for more than a short time I can tell you this time around with the liquid diet was VERY different. When I've been on a diet before you really always know that you have a choice to eat what you're supposed to or not. The difference with this liquid diet was that I knew #1 i had a foreign object in my body and I knew that my liquid phase was essential to my bodies healing correctly. I didn't want to interfere or hurt that. Also, staying on the forum and reading peoples successes with the band following the liquid phase and I didn't want to ruin my chances of having the same success. And finally, you'll be surprised at how much it's a mental battle over a physical battle. you can read my blogs that I had during my liquid phase and maybe that will help to show you where my mind was at - at the time.

I did browse through the gallery - it really is inspiring, my cousin was banded 4 years ago and is a sucess story, she's really inspiring. I just watched Dr O's video about having the right attitude for sucess and that helped too...I'm feeling pumped for the time being. I think checking in on the forum often will help since there seems to be so much positive help and encouraging sucess stories out there. I will check out the blogs...I appreciate your advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Other than the constant headache, I am doing well on my pre-op liquid diet. I weighed myself on Friday a.m. and started my liquid diet on Saturday. I have to do it for three weeks. Ugh! I have lost, as of this a.m. 11.9 pounds and am halfway to my pre-op weight loss goal. Yesterday was the hardest day so far, but I went back to work and it was extremely difficult, but I didn't give in. I sure miss my popcorn and my turkey and cheese sandwiches. Otherwise, I am not missing anything.

Curveydiva and Shmee. . .How are you guys doing on your diets? Or have you started them yet? I think most I have heard from just have a two week diet pre-op. . .Lucky ones. . . I have a three week liquid diet. . .sigh. . . But, hey the first 8 days are by me now. . . I even had lunch with a bunch of my riding friends today. . .They all ate chicken-fried steaks, etc. The cafe didn't have soup, so I had the only thing I could find on the menu that I could drink and that was a milk shake. . .It was very good. . .My friends, God love them. . . all passed me their near empty salad dressing and gravy bowls. . .hooted and hollered and to play their game, I swiped my finger on the bowl and tasted all of it. . . After all, it was liquid. . . LOL