The Lapband and my Diabetes Type II

I have been diabetic for nearly 10 years. I began a journey of self awareness and weight loss when I was diagnosed. I was in my early 30's and so afraid of following my Grandmother and other family members to the grave with this disease. But even that fear didn't help me get enough of the weight off to change my future. I eventually lost 100lbs but then my own wants and bad choices stopped the steady weight loss and I began to gain once again.

As I loss weight, on my own at first, my medication was reduced. I was on 2000mg of Metformin at my peak. Eventually being lowered to 500mg, which I've been on for the last 2 years. My Dr. became very frustrated at my inability to drop the rest of this weight. He began to prescribe the new Lavaza shots to help me lose the weight. I'm not a big fan of shots and found the additional meds in my system only made me sick. Later I realized since my diabetes was controlled the extra meds was causing my blood sugar to drop, thus making me sick. But the fact remained the only way to be free of this disease is to lose the rest of the weight.

After the surgery taking the Metformin wasn't possible. it's a very large pill, think prenatal vitamin. I tried cutting it in half, smashing it and just suffering with the discomfort. But I eventually just stopped taking it. I know, I know...not good. I did monitor my blood sugar and it stayed within an acceptable range without the meds.

Last week I went to see my Dr and admitted to what i had done. If course, he wasn't happy and ordered an A1C immediately. The A1C will tell him if I had really been controlling my sugar without meds. he warned me very sternly that if the numbers came back high I would be back on the meds immediately. His nursed called me later on in the day, obviously surprised. She informed me my A1C without any meds was 5.8, with meds it had been 6.1. To everyone who hasn't had to go down this road let me tell you I'm drug free for the first time in nearly a decade!

I'm no where near my goal weight but this goal was just as important to me. I know without this lapband I would still be a slave to this disease and the meds that I've had to take for so many years. I have to think about my food choices. I have to go get my fill. I have to continue on this path to stay drug free and to eventually become cured of this disease. But I think for the first time...I can do this! I don't have to accept the diagnosis of Diabetes as my death sentence. I have a new outlook on life, thanks to this amazing weight loss tool.

I wanted to share my story in hopes that anyone out there struggling with this disease can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still struggle too but now I know my life is written by me, not by my family genes or bad early choices. But by what I do and how I behave right now!

• 3 weeks later...

Hiiii....

MonaVie health drink is a convenient way of getting fruit in your daily diet. This fruit drink is enriched with vitamins like Omega 3, 6 and 9, amino acids, powerful antioxidants, phytosterols, and more. As per doctors choice at monavie-emv.net the scientists made a fruit juice called Mona Vie Juice. It has contains 16-19 fruit products. All the fruits are in the manner of antioxidants. It is also available to the peoples in cheap rate.

Thanks

John Wilsons

• 3 weeks later...

That's awesome Trisha! :) I wish my father would look into the band.. He was diagnosed with Type 2 diabeties about 4 years ago, and he doesn't care. He eats everything in sight!

I have been diabetic for nearly 10 years. I began a journey of self awareness and weight loss when I was diagnosed. I was in my early 30's and so afraid of following my Grandmother and other family members to the grave with this disease. But even that fear didn't help me get enough of the weight off to change my future. I eventually lost 100lbs but then my own wants and bad choices stopped the steady weight loss and I began to gain once again.

As I loss weight, on my own at first, my medication was reduced. I was on 2000mg of Metformin at my peak. Eventually being lowered to 500mg, which I've been on for the last 2 years. My Dr. became very frustrated at my inability to drop the rest of this weight. He began to prescribe the new Lavaza shots to help me lose the weight. I'm not a big fan of shots and found the additional meds in my system only made me sick. Later I realized since my diabetes was controlled the extra meds was causing my blood sugar to drop, thus making me sick. But the fact remained the only way to be free of this disease is to lose the rest of the weight.

After the surgery taking the Metformin wasn't possible. it's a very large pill, think prenatal vitamin. I tried cutting it in half, smashing it and just suffering with the discomfort. But I eventually just stopped taking it. I know, I know...not good. I did monitor my blood sugar and it stayed within an acceptable range without the meds.

Last week I went to see my Dr and admitted to what i had done. If course, he wasn't happy and ordered an A1C immediately. The A1C will tell him if I had really been controlling my sugar without meds. he warned me very sternly that if the numbers came back high I would be back on the meds immediately. His nursed called me later on in the day, obviously surprised. She informed me my A1C without any meds was 5.8, with meds it had been 6.1. To everyone who hasn't had to go down this road let me tell you I'm drug free for the first time in nearly a decade!

I'm no where near my goal weight but this goal was just as important to me. I know without this lapband I would still be a slave to this disease and the meds that I've had to take for so many years. I have to think about my food choices. I have to go get my fill. I have to continue on this path to stay drug free and to eventually become cured of this disease. But I think for the first time...I can do this! I don't have to accept the diagnosis of Diabetes as my death sentence. I have a new outlook on life, thanks to this amazing weight loss tool.

I wanted to share my story in hopes that anyone out there struggling with this disease can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still struggle too but now I know my life is written by me, not by my family genes or bad early choices. But by what I do and how I behave right now!