Time for a Fill?

I have been plateau'd for about a month now. really frustrated.. but have been sticking with it. ~1000 calories a day, min. 70g protein, working out 3-4 times a week, running pilates cardio abs etc. ive been fighting not to gain. how the hell do you gain weight w only consuming 1000 calories?

last night, my family decided on pizza, we got an extra large pizza w the works, i had two slices, and so did everyone else.

if i could eat 2 slices, the same as my sis, her husband, and my 16 and 21 year old cousins, doesnt that mean I am able to eat too much? The bread posed no problem and I felt full after but not painfully full...

Im aware that pizza was a bad choice, but i havent had pizza in six months and I suppose I dont want to hear a lecture on the poor food choice as I have been making excellent choices for the past six mo., but would love your honest opinion on whether or not you think its time for a fill.

:)

some people folow the rule that if you plateau, you should get a fill. some gage it based on how much they are able to eat. im experiencing both, plateau and able to eat as much as unbanded.

what has been your experience?

I have been plateau'd for about a month now. really frustrated.. but have been sticking with it. ~1000 calories a day, min. 70g protein, working out 3-4 times a week, running pilates cardio abs etc. ive been fighting not to gain. how the hell do you gain weight w only consuming 1000 calories?

last night, my family decided on pizza, we got an extra large pizza w the works, i had two slices, and so did everyone else.

if i could eat 2 slices, the same as my sis, her husband, and my 16 and 21 year old cousins, doesnt that mean I am able to eat too much? The bread posed no problem and I felt full after but not painfully full...

Im aware that pizza was a bad choice, but i havent had pizza in six months and I suppose I dont want to hear a lecture on the poor food choice as I have been making excellent choices for the past six mo., but would love your honest opinion on whether or not you think its time for a fill.

smile.gif

I say go get a fill. biggrin.gif

some people folow the rule that if you plateau, you should get a fill. some gage it based on how much they are able to eat. im experiencing both, plateau and able to eat as much as unbanded.

what has been your experience?

If you are able to eat that much on a regular basis then you might want to consider another fill. Also, keep in mind that you might not be getting enough calories in! That can send your body into starvation mode and you will not lose weight. I actually had my fill nurse get on to me about not eating enough and once I did get a few more calories in sure enough I started losing. So keep in mind less calories is not always better.

I was in a plateau for months so I understand your frustration!!!! :angry:

Sometimes with the low calorie diets our bodies think its starving and won't let loose any of that fat. If you mix it up a little, say twice a week, eat 1200 calories, or 1300 calories then go back to 1000 calories and see if that kicks your metabolism back into gear.

PS...I would get a fill if you can eat two pieces of pizza. OMG I can eat about a 1/4 of a slice very slowly...and that is pushin it! Ya get a fill!

Kim :wub:

i emailed dr so, he will be calling me today to discuss.

here's a pic of the monster pizza of which i had TWO slices and no PB, stuck, whatsoever. fill time!

4901386637_2299765f8e.jpg

THAT DOES LOOK GOOD BUT 2 SLICES? IT'S FILL TIME. RUNNING DOWN THERE MYSELF IN THE MORNING. I'VE BEEN BANDED 4 YEARS TODAY :)

congrats on four years, pammie! and 136 lbs! damn girl :) im jealous ~

spoke to dr so, he said it does sound like i could use a few more CCs, maybe even up to one more cc, as he said some of the saline can be sitting in the tubing and not doing me any good.

now i just need to figure out when on earth i can go. he said if i want to come down on a friday afternoon it would be fine bc he works 24hrs fridays. we shall see.

i did also mention to him that i occasionally have the pill-stuck-in-throat feeling, he said he wants to take a look under fluoro to make sure everything is ok, even if i dont get a fill. so, TJ here I come.

I am thinking of going to get a fill in the next few weeks myself. I just don't want to go alone and am trying to work something out. I am able to eat a lot more than usual and have been enjoying bread. It is time to get back on the band wagon.

ASHLEY I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC :)

WENT DOWN AND BACK YESTERDAY FROM SEATTLE WITHOUT A HITCH. NO ONE BUT GLORIA AND DR SO WERE THERE. DR ORTIZ IS ON VACA THIS WEEK. I DIDN'T THINK I'D MET DR SO BUT HE REMEMBERED ME FROM SURGERY 4 YEARS AGO BEFORE HE WAS DOING FILLS AND SURGERY. "I WAS ON THE NIGHT SHIFT 4 YEARS AGO, I REMEMBER YOU" (oh geez lol) HAD A GREAT VISIT, EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT, TOTAL OF 1.6 IN A 4CC SO BACK ON TRACK TO LOSS THOSE FEW POUNDS AGAIN. I REMEMBERED YESTERDAY WHY I LOVE THE OCC AND THEIR STAFF, WHAT A SWEETIE :)

Wow that pizza looks great! If you could eat two pieces I say fill time too. I would most likely get one piece down slow....but I too have been on a plateau but I think its my body fighting me every step..so I am not that worried..yet..I still get in 1200-1500, and I am the lowest weight I have been in 20 years, so I'm just enjoying that fact. I still have a hard time in the AM so I guess based on your photo I don't need a fill yet...Good luck and keep us updated.

I tried so hard to only get the 3 recommend fills, but I am quite sure I am ready for my fourth. I can eat breads, and I am constantly hungry. Thank goodness, I have been maintaining my weight. I would definitely like to drop a bit more. My friends tell me I look a lot like the new Weight Watchers girl, Sara Rue. She looks amazing and is inspring me to lose more!