Metabolic Surgery

I am looking for other Metabolic Surgery Patiens at the OCC, pre or post op. I am considering this surgery for myself and would like information. Thank you.

This surgery is fairly new at the OCC. I know its for the patients that have diabetes and the surgery is supposed to eleminate diabetes. I'd suggest talking to Lori, she's one of the OCC coordinators. Here's her phone number, 1-866-376-7849 ext 81. She might be able to hook you up with other patients, plus give you more info concerning this.

I am looking for other Metabolic Surgery Patiens at the OCC, pre or post op. I am considering this surgery for myself and would like information. Thank you.

I am scheduled to have a gastric sleeve done on 9/14. I, too, would love to hear from others that have had this procedure done. . .All the stories on the website are lapband related. Where are you gastric sleeve patients?

Shari

I am scheduled to have a gastric sleeve done on 9/14. I, too, would love to hear from others that have had this procedure done. . .All the stories on the website are lapband related. Where are you gastric sleeve patients?

Shari

Gastric Sleeve and By-pass procedures are fairly new to the OCC. We're hoping more of these patients will come to the forum and start posting their experiences.

I guess basically I am just a wuss! I will be traveling by myself for this surgery. I want to know how everyone felt AFTER surgery. . . A lot of pain, a little pain? And for how long? I am planning on staying a couple of extra days post-op because I live so far away and don't want to take any chances.

I am scheduled for the sleeve on October 4th. Would like to hear from others who have gone through this procedure.

I'd be glad to share my experience with you. I had the sleeve surgery at the OCC on July 12. I went by myself but felt completely taken care of by the staff at OCC. I'd recommend the surgery to anyone that is committed to losing weight and keeping it off for the rest of their life. So far, I have lost about half of the 66 pounds that I needed to take off. Eating with the sleeve is a learning process, but I love that I'm not constantly hungry and my life doesn't revolve around food and eating.