22 days post op...hello food

So I am officially off of my 21 day liquid post op diet!

I have been waiting for this day for, well, for 21 days.

The kicker is that I was so dang busy at work today that I did not get a lunch break so no food!

I am having a little snack of grilled chicken breast strips right now though.

We were going to go out for steaks (little ones) tonight to celebrate but I am so tired after the busy day I had.

The awesome news is that I am down to 167 lbs today! Pre surgery weight was 170. So I am pretty stoked right now!

Congrats to me!

The kicker is that I was so dang busy at work today that I did not get a lunch break so no food!

We were going to go out for steaks (little ones) tonight to celebrate but I am so tired after the busy day I had.

The awesome news is that I am down to 167 lbs today! Pre surgery weight was 170. So I am pretty stoked right now!

Congrats to me!

awesome work to make it through the post op diet. congrats. Hope the steak will not be to heavy for a "first meal". Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

ErinRed,

Congrats on making it through the 21 days. I agree with Canuk, steak might be heavy for a first meal. However, make sure whatever you eat you actually cut the meat/food into tiny tiny nibbles and then eat chew it very well.

Take Care and let us know what you ended up doing for your first meal. :)

Well we ended up not going out. We stayed home and hubby make pasta and meatballs for the kids. I had two meatballs and a small salad and was very happily full and content!

The thing I have been craving the most is meat, so the meatballs worked out good for me.

Congrats to me!

Erin!!!! Congrats, I'm right behind you girl... I have one more day. I am thinking of grilled cheese though for my first meal, or big TEXAS size baked potato... tell us how it went. I'm excited for you... I am at 213 day, surgery date of 221 so doing well, but seriously... eating liquids puddings and yogurts, I would have expected to drop massive weight... So happy yes, at 213 it's the lowest weight since 2004, but wished it had been more.

Momof4- Great job!

I am doing well on solids but cant wait for my first fill!

Once I started eating again I started to see a bit of a weight drop again, maybe my body was in what they call "starvation mode" and just needed the extra fuel.

But I am down to about 155-158! Which for me is just amazing. I feel so good also, lots of energy and no bloating or constipation like I had when I ate too much carbs before surgery!

I am so happy to have had this done, totally the right decision.