1st Consult with Personal Trainer

Hi All, Yesterday I had my 1st consult with my trainer(Serena). I gave her the form she gave me to fill out about myself while I walked on a treadmill. I told her I have a really nice treadmill at home that I walk on regularly. She said she wanted to read my form (3 pgs) so if I would walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes then she could evaluate my fitness level. I told her I walked 3 miles that morning at home. I started walking for a couple of minutes and I had not filled out the last page of questions. So she came back and asked me them while I walked. When she came back I had been going about 10 minutes and she asked me to run a bit . I told her I only run when I'm chased and at my job if its chasing me I shoot it. So she put the treadmill on 0 incline and 3.5 mph and said this is what she normally starts people at to run and I can walk that fast. I kind of jogged for 1 to 2 minutes at a time. I don't think she believed me when I told her I could walk for 1 1/2 hours. After I walked / jogged 42 minutes she had me do some core stuff. I got in a pushup position and held it. Then each oblique and held it then did pushups to fail. So I am suppose to do that 2 times before my next session on Sat. I am also going to start lifting again after work. The gym I joined is open 24hrs you just use your pass to unlock the door. What's cool is no one is there so you can set everything up the way you want it. She also told me I needed to up my calorie intake a bit. This kind of worried me as it goes against what I am currently doing. She wants me to try to eat my fat and carbs early in the day and protein at night. So I thought I would put this on here to see what you all think as I have seen many posts about working out with a trainer. TC ALL RCR

IMHO, having fats all throughout the day is the only way you'll be able to maintain energy, esp once you're calories drop due to restriction.

I would find out the background (very specifically) of your 'personal trainer', including her history/background in NUTRITION.

Most 'trainers' are no highly educated in nutrition, and give out poor or misguided advise.

This is a huge investment, hiring a trainer, and you need to trust this person, 100%.

IMHO :)